cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite always loose fan configuration

mikex999
Level 7
AI Suite always loose fan configuration, why?

Running the last ai suite 3 version + windows 10 fully updated
5 REPLIES 5

Deepcuts
Level 10
I always save my fan configuration in a profile.
Try saving your configuration and see if your settings are remembered after reboot.

Deepcuts wrote:
I always save my fan configuration in a profile.
Try saving your configuration and see if your settings are remembered after reboot.

thanks for the reply. Yes I saved my profile and made a backup copy but it happens randomly. This ai suite always create problems and I am thinking to unistall it

Carbonicdk
Level 8
In my experience ASUS software likes to forget settings, AI Suite for regular fans and ASUS GPU TWEAK II for controlling the fans on the GPU fan headers both have this issue for me.

Now I have set everything to be controlled by the BIOS; Only reliable way to do it with Asus products for me (except a dedicated third party fan controller).

Deepcuts
Level 10
I don't say it does not happen for some users, but I never had any problems with AI Suite forgetting settings, unless when I update it.
I used it on VI HERO and now on X HERO.
Maybe you are using some software like CCleaner that deletes stuff it's not suppose to? Maybe some registry "cleaning" programs?
Just throwing ideas around 🙂

Deepcuts wrote:
I don't say it does not happen for some users, but I never had any problems with AI Suite forgetting settings, unless when I update it.
I used it on VI HERO and now on X HERO.
Maybe you are using some software like CCleaner that deletes stuff it's not suppose to? Maybe some registry "cleaning" programs?
Just throwing ideas around 🙂

I have the same experience, no issues and settings always remembered. That's anecdotal only, of course. But just wanted to reinforce the comment above about registry cleaners, and to say they are dangerous, use with extreme caution and complete understanding.
Davemon50