cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Booting from cd with Asus g73jh

severman
Level 7
Hello, when i enter bios i cant fint the option too boot from my windows 7 cd anyone know a tutorial?
4 REPLIES 4

VistaKing
Level 9
Try pressing ESC when the ASUS splash screen comes up and you should get a menu with options that you would be able to boot off from.

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

VistaKing wrote:
Try pressing ESC when the ASUS splash screen comes up and you should get a menu with options that you would be able to boot off from.

Thanks but shouldent i change so it always boot from cd when im reinstalling Windows?

Thanks but shouldent i change so it always boot from cd when im reinstalling Windows?

Nope.....no need to access or change the BIOS. Windows Setup loads all the files it needs from the CD during the first phase of installation....it doesn't access the CD again after that. So just using the Boot Menu for that first boot from the CD is all you need.

VistaKing
Level 9
Not really. You could use the ESC key to pop up a boot menu and choose ODD or USB which ever you have windows . Windows 7 takes 45 mins to do a clean install from a DVD . While in a USB FLASH DRIVE it takes 15 mins from start to finish .

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam