cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one Else have their mouse lag?

BigJob
Level 10
My mouse icon keeps lagging and freezing up across the screen. Never had this problem when I was on intel, I think I am going to go back soon honestly.

I tried logitech mice and other mice and same issue on both, the mouse icon will lag, freeze up and work when it feels like it. I don't know what could be causing this. I have a asus 34" monitor

I used different DPI but no luck.
15 REPLIES 15

Korth
Level 14
Mouse lag is usually caused by a USB conflict or by misconfigured software. Or by malware. It could be also caused by power issues (especially on laptops).
(Not necessarily accusing you of misconfiguring your software, these days it often automagically misconfigures itself.)

Quickest fix might be to unplug the mouse, uninstall the mouse driver/software, reboot, plug the mouse back in and reinstall the driver.

Otherwise, scan for malware then try these solutions ...
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5365-RXBN-5508
https://windowsreport.com/mouse-lag-windows-10/
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-mouse-pointer-lags-or-freezes-in-windows-10/

It would help to know your system specs, particularly which WinOS, mouse (and driver), and other USB devices. And how/where these USB devices are connected to your computer, USB hubs (including any built into your keyboard or chassis) can cause issues.

Also, does this mouse lag only occur in when running a certain software/game?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You know what I'm going to say right? 😮

hmmm list my specs? or u think it's the ram again? i reset the ram to default, no XMP or anything and still same issue.

also think or swim (java based app) runs very slow on this installation. Was running smooth on 7700k, I don't know what to do to fix this but the lag in Think or swim causes me to lose thousands of dollars.

BigJob
Level 10
No it occurs randomly, sporadically but very frequently. I have no malware or viruses.

amd 1950x
zenith extreme
samsung 960 pro

win 10 x64

logitech software

generic mouse default windows driver for generic mouse.

Korth
Level 14
Hey, I didn't get a big blue head for nothin'
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well, I might be wrong but yeah, RAM would be my first thought...just from reading a lot of similar complaints on RAM kits that are not ideal on this platform.

There can, of course, be other reasons...always good to check out all the posibilities

If you leave the kit at defaults but set VDIMM (DRAM vlotage to 1.35) does that help?

LAG is no fun when you're competing with microwave HFT algos

If it's really worth money to you you should definitely get a QVL tested compatible kit

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Well, I might be wrong but yeah, RAM would be my first thought...just from reading a lot of similar complaints on RAM kits that are not ideal on this platform.

There can, of course, be other reasons...always good to check out all the posibilities

If you leave the kit at defaults but set VDIMM (DRAM vlotage to 1.35) does that help?

LAG is no fun when you're competing with microwave HFT algos

If it's really worth money to you you should definitely get a QVL tested compatible kit

Yea I really have to get those ram that we spoke about in the other thread, I think I order them this weekend.

And I think the issue maybe related to logitech software, i unplugged the logitech mouse and am using the generic mouse only and no issues yet.

I just googled logitech mouse lagging and lots of others have had issues with theirs as well.

& why is my threadripper running at 2.4 ghz only, power saver i'm assuming. don't really need all the extra horse power either way I guess.

& yea talk about competing with algos, had a good day so far, green day on my end.

i will see if theres anything else java related that will help the think or swim issue, i just got the ramdisk utility, not sure what it does yet but will google momentarily.

gupsterg
Level 13
Check if you have HPET as bootflag in OS.

Type BCDEDIT in a command prompt/power shell. If you see useplatformclock=true in list then either set it false or delete it.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

or

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Check if you have HPET as bootflag in OS.

Type BCDEDIT in a command prompt/power shell. If you see useplatformclock=true in list then either set it false or delete it.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

or

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

i tried, no success.

- The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
- Access is denied.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hmm irritating...I have logitech mouse and keyboard here...wired...they work fine so far..

Yeah, the processor will downclock when it's not doing much...I presume it ramps up when needed?

Wow, lucky you. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling logitech and see if it persists. I might have to buy another mouse from another brand if not, anything but Razer of course.

& Yea it's jumping up and down, glad at least this is working.