cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scar GL-503VS no sound from speakers after W10 update

MrPerfidious
Level 7
Hello,

I recently purchased a ROG laptop Scar GL-503VS and when I turned it on it was working nice.
But there were Windows 10 updates available so I installed them.
After these updates (I think it is update 1709) I couldn't hear sound anymore from the internal speakers.
There is the moving green bar like if there was sound but no sound coming.
When I plug a headset I can hear the sound normally.

I tried updating the audio drivers or reinstalling them but with no success.

Does anyone have an idea or had encountered similar problems ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : There is also sometimes some tick tick sound coming from my laptop, I think it is the hard drive.
It is not present all the time but often. But the hard disk seems to be working with no problem.
4 REPLIES 4

Tashfinz
Level 7
I have the same issue my t.v isn't picking up the sound through the HDMI. I've tried reinstalling the sound drives and showing what is discconected and connected on the sound box as well as checking for driver updates.

Are the speakers set as default audio playback device?

_H0PE_
Level 7
Hi,

Got the same issue. Any of you fix d this?

Reinstalled windows, home 2109
Installed the last driver from asus driver page (usual process, start setup, remove default drivers, restart, setup continues the install, finishes with no errors)
The speakers are quiet, device installed okay, no errors, I didnt set anything in config, all basic default windows settings.

Any solution for this?

_H0PE_
Level 7
Hi,

Got the same issue. Any of you fix d this?

Reinstalled windows, home 2109
Installed the last driver from asus driver page (usual process, start setup, remove default drivers, restart, setup continues the install, finishes with no errors)
The speakers are quiet, device installed okay, no errors, I didnt set anything in config, all basic default windows settings.

Any solution for this?