cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1050 ROPs count

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
Hi everyone!

As I know, Pascal laptop GPUs were introduced as configured the same as their desktop counterparts. Indeed, they have same chips, but for Gtx 1050 there is one weird thing: newest GPU-Z says, that 1050 for laptops possess 16 ROPs, half of it's desktop counterpart, according to AnadTech and TechReport. I'm not sure ASUS techsupport will reveal such a detailed information to customer, so I will ask here: is it true and GTX 1050 has 16 ROPs?

I am asking because there are doubts even on resources that posted that: AnandTech says, that "At the same time, NVIDIA has never done something quite like this before, as GTX 1050 retains its 1MB of L2 cache, something that doesn’t usually happen when ROPs are disabled". Also memory bus width and bandwith stay the same.

And how do programs like GPU-Z get detailed information about hardware? They "scan" laptop and obtain info from somewhere inside laptop (register or smth) or they simply load info from dedicated database?

P.S.: According to youtube game tests FPS in games FPS on laptop 1050 is quite the same as on dektop 1050. But then, what should difference 16 vs 32 ROPs mean in terms of performance? Will it cause games run less smoother or it will affect something like anti-aliasing quality?
1 REPLY 1

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
ASUS pls 😞