Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I need to see the power LED of the PG348Q

BigJob
Level 10
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

I have 2 of these bad boys.

Problem : - The LED Power indicator light is way too inside and is not noticeable from where I am sitting at the chair.

I have had these monitors for over a year and the problem is with the power idicator LED light. I have to crouch my head under neath the monitor to see whether or not the monitor is on/off. I can't see if it's on or off just from where I am sitting level headed on the chair looking straight ahead.

I should not have to crouch my head all the way under neath the monitor to see whether or not the damn monitor is on / off. The LED indicator light is way too far inside and can't be seen from when you're looking ahead sitting down on a chair. You must crouch your head under neath the damn monitor to see the LED indicator light.

It is extremely impossible to tell whether or not the monitor is on or off when the computer is on sleep mode and I am playing guess and check to see if it's on / off.

I paid quite some money for these, I expect quality products, not sub par quality.

Absolutely horrible the frustration I have to go through every time my pc is in sleep mode and I have to guess and check to see if the monitor is on or off by turning it off / on or by crouching my head under neath the damn monitor because I can't see the LED light from where I am sitting.

GET SERIOUS ASUS!

Note : It is the LED POWER INDICATOR Light (orange, white, red) that I am referring to; NOT the RED GLOW ASUS Republic of Gamers LOGO LIGHT
13 REPLIES 13

GEEKCPA
Level 8
Get a UPS with "Controlled by Master" outlets. Connect the monitors to two of the "slave" connections and the PC to the Master. Some UPS's may require software to configure the unit to turn the monitors on and off with the PC. That way you'll only have to turn the monitors on once, after that the UPS will turn them on when you turn the PC on and turn them off when you shut down. I haven't touched my monitor's on/off switch in years.

I just got the ridiculous idea of buying a small mirror and taping it to the bottom of the LED indicator light so that I can freaking see if it's on or not. . I think the mirror might be the way to go now since these foolish Asus engineers failed at such a basic task to begin with.

not sure what else to do aside from that. freaking ridiculous that i would have to do these extra things to make up for such a basic task.

BigJob
Level 10
I didn't know those existed, those might come in handy in other usages - will keep in mind.

However it would be pointless if I have the UPS with the monitor as slave if the computer is in power saver mode, sleep mode, windows log off mode, hibernate mode because the computer would still have it's power - which means the monitor won't turn off and thus useless for the purpose but good idea though.

BigJob
Level 10
Also the speakers on this thing sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 measely watts ?? What was the point of evening putting such low quality speakers on this. so trash, can't hear a thing with these. absolute garbage speakers on such a premium monitor, i've heard better audio on $100 monitors. sad.

BigJob
Level 10
I'm open to listening to other ideas on how to fix the light problem without having to get a mirror... I can't seriously be the only one with this issue?....

mdzcpa
Level 12
I've had the same monitor for over a year. But I have a question, why does it even matter about the light? I haven't touched the power button on my monitor is well over 6 months. I boot up, the monitor comes on. I shutdown, it goes off. I leave the pc on but unattended, it sleeps.

I'm sure for anyone who really wants to see the light, it can be frustrating. I can still see mine ok as it gently reflects off my desk surface. I also keep the monitor adjust higher so mid screen height is eye level. So I can catch a sliver of the light from my angle.

Sorry I don't have an answer to help. I posted only because I haven't paid attention to the light in like forever and was curious as to why others may need to more frequently.

mdzcpa wrote:
I've had the same monitor for over a year. But I have a question, why does it even matter about the light? I haven't touched the power button on my monitor is well over 6 months. I boot up, the monitor comes on. I shutdown, it goes off. I leave the pc on but unattended, it sleeps.

I'm sure for anyone who really wants to see the light, it can be frustrating. I can still see mine ok as it gently reflects off my desk surface. I also keep the monitor adjust higher so mid screen height is eye level. So I can catch a sliver of the light from my angle.

Sorry I don't have an answer to help. I posted only because I haven't paid attention to the light in like forever and was curious as to why others may need to more frequently.

Yup, I'd even go a step further and say I prefer *not* to have power indicator lights in my field of vision. I have a couple of monitors in the office that allow you to disable the power light via the menu and I have done so.

So maybe ASUS did this in response to people like me who complain about power lights?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yup, I'd even go a step further and say I prefer *not* to have power indicator lights in my field of vision. I have a couple of monitors in the office that allow you to disable the power light via the menu and I have done so.

So maybe ASUS did this in response to people like me who complain about power lights?

Precisely, who wants a big LED in their face whilst they're gaming?

Seems like common sense to me. Also, is it doubling up as a trading station or something? Why do you need that many monitors?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Precisely, who wants a big LED in their face whilst they're gaming?

Seems like common sense to me. Also, is it doubling up as a trading station or something? Why do you need that many monitors?

It doesn't need to be a big light in your face, just needs to be a small light that's visible in the field of view without having to crunch my head.

Yes trading station now, previously for minor games, but I bought this mostly for the UHD, the size and the trading station.

So now you have two types of people, (1) some that want to see a the light to see if the monitor is on / off. This makes logical sense as most monitors you can easily tell if it's on or not by being able to see the indicator light. Plus I don't leave my monitor on all day / all night..

(2) Others who don't want to see it because they think this will interfere with their gaming?

The light's location is so far beneath that even if gaming I doubt it would be noticeable with it. And the led light's not even that bright to be enough of an interruption.

I don't know if the people that are saying that the light will affect their gaming have a PG348Q or not but the light is located in an area that won't be visible while playing games in any way what so ever. The screen is too huge for you to be looking at the bottom right corner of a light and have that be a problem.