Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Angry Why I need to see the power LED of the PG348Q

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

I have 2 of these bad boys.

Problem : - The LED Power indicator light is way too inside and is not noticeable from where I am sitting at the chair.

I have had these monitors for over a year and the problem is with the power idicator LED light. I have to crouch my head under neath the monitor to see whether or not the monitor is on/off. I can't see if it's on or off just from where I am sitting level headed on the chair looking straight ahead.

I should not have to crouch my head all the way under neath the monitor to see whether or not the damn monitor is on / off. The LED indicator light is way too far inside and can't be seen from when you're looking ahead sitting down on a chair. You must crouch your head under neath the damn monitor to see the LED indicator light.

It is extremely impossible to tell whether or not the monitor is on or off when the computer is on sleep mode and I am playing guess and check to see if it's on / off.

I paid quite some money for these, I expect quality products, not sub par quality.

Absolutely horrible the frustration I have to go through every time my pc is in sleep mode and I have to guess and check to see if the monitor is on or off by turning it off / on or by crouching my head under neath the damn monitor because I can't see the LED light from where I am sitting.

GET SERIOUS ASUS!

Note : It is the LED POWER INDICATOR Light (orange, white, red) that I am referring to; NOT the RED GLOW ASUS Republic of Gamers LOGO LIGHT
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos showcases_03.jpg  

showcases_01.png  

Last edited by BigJob; 02-22-2018 at 08:41 AM.

New ROGer Array GEEKCPA PC Specs
    GEEKCPA PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 64 GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Intel PCIe X4 Optane 900P
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro X2
    CPU CoolerEKWB Mono block
    CaseTT View 71TG
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

Suggestion

Get a UPS with "Controlled by Master" outlets. Connect the monitors to two of the "slave" connections and the PC to the Master. Some UPS's may require software to configure the unit to turn the monitors on and off with the PC. That way you'll only have to turn the monitors on once, after that the UPS will turn them on when you turn the PC on and turn them off when you shut down. I haven't touched my monitor's on/off switch in years.

I didn't know those existed, those might come in handy in other usages - will keep in mind.

However it would be pointless if I have the UPS with the monitor as slave if the computer is in power saver mode, sleep mode, windows log off mode, hibernate mode because the computer would still have it's power - which means the monitor won't turn off and thus useless for the purpose but good idea though.

I just got the ridiculous idea of buying a small mirror and taping it to the bottom of the LED indicator light so that I can freaking see if it's on or not. . I think the mirror might be the way to go now since these foolish Asus engineers failed at such a basic task to begin with.

not sure what else to do aside from that. freaking ridiculous that i would have to do these extra things to make up for such a basic task.
    Last edited by BigJob; 02-22-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Also the speakers on this thing sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 measely watts ?? What was the point of evening putting such low quality speakers on this. so trash, can't hear a thing with these. absolute garbage speakers on such a premium monitor, i've heard better audio on $100 monitors. sad.

I'm open to listening to other ideas on how to fix the light problem without having to get a mirror... I can't seriously be the only one with this issue?....

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

I've had the same monitor for over a year. But I have a question, why does it even matter about the light? I haven't touched the power button on my monitor is well over 6 months. I boot up, the monitor comes on. I shutdown, it goes off. I leave the pc on but unattended, it sleeps.

I'm sure for anyone who really wants to see the light, it can be frustrating. I can still see mine ok as it gently reflects off my desk surface. I also keep the monitor adjust higher so mid screen height is eye level. So I can catch a sliver of the light from my angle.

Sorry I don't have an answer to help. I posted only because I haven't paid attention to the light in like forever and was curious as to why others may need to more frequently.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I've had the same monitor for over a year. But I have a question, why does it even matter about the light? I haven't touched the power button on my monitor is well over 6 months. I boot up, the monitor comes on. I shutdown, it goes off. I leave the pc on but unattended, it sleeps.

I'm sure for anyone who really wants to see the light, it can be frustrating. I can still see mine ok as it gently reflects off my desk surface. I also keep the monitor adjust higher so mid screen height is eye level. So I can catch a sliver of the light from my angle.

Sorry I don't have an answer to help. I posted only because I haven't paid attention to the light in like forever and was curious as to why others may need to more frequently.
    Yup, I'd even go a step further and say I prefer *not* to have power indicator lights in my field of vision. I have a couple of monitors in the office that allow you to disable the power light via the menu and I have done so.

So maybe ASUS did this in response to people like me who complain about power lights?
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

@xeromist @mdzcpa I have 12 monitors in my room and multiple tvs for my setup, all those monitors being on when not necessary is bother some. Additionally if the computer for some reason goes from sleep mode to awake mode (for example an accidental keyboard press or mouse movement) then the monitors go on. All that extra light from the monitors when they come back accidentally on during the night sleep bed time is bothersome and frustrating.

But now I see your perspective as to why you both don't want the lights. But I need it on my end.

Also I don't shutdown my pc, I have it go to sleep. Rarely does it shut down. So accidental presses and mouse movements wake up the monitors often.
    Last edited by BigJob; 02-23-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Yup, I'd even go a step further and say I prefer *not* to have power indicator lights in my field of vision. I have a couple of monitors in the office that allow you to disable the power light via the menu and I have done so.

So maybe ASUS did this in response to people like me who complain about power lights?

Precisely, who wants a big LED in their face whilst they're gaming?

Seems like common sense to me. Also, is it doubling up as a trading station or something? Why do you need that many monitors?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast