cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus pg279q help the monitor turns on by itself

JESUADR
Level 7
hi guys i have this problem: just plug the power supply to the outlet the monitor turns on by itself. Is there any way to fix this error or what could it be?
9 REPLIES 9

JESUADR
Level 7
Is there anyone who has this error?

Confusing post... Push the power button on the monitor?

Chris99 wrote:
Confusing post... Push the power button on the monitor?

No.

The monitor will turn it off from its button and then unplug its power source from the outlet, but when plugging the power supply back into the power outlet, the monitor will turn on only without pressing the power button. as I understand it should be up to me to turn it on manually

cljustin
Level 8
That sounds odd. I've never heard of such thing. Besides this, does the monitor work fine?

cljustin wrote:
Besides this, does the monitor work fine?

It's what I'm testing. at first glance it would seem that yes, but in these days I have begun to have errors of restart and bsod 124, especially when playing gta V, but I will continue looking for what it is about. What I have seen that at times is like the mouse pointer was a few fps. that is, it gets slow, as when changing, for example, an image on the desktop, the screen refresh changes and comes back. I do not know if it has to do with the monitor or with windows 7 or some custion of the meltdown and specter patches. I will continue testing.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Two monitors and they both do the same thing.*
Check your settings. I leave mine turned on and it goes to standby, that’s the way I prefer it. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Two monitors and they both do the same thing.*
Check your settings. I leave mine turned on and it goes to standby, that’s the way I prefer it. *

but ... is not this an issue?

BigJob
Level 10
Damn some one call Ghostbusters

& no not an issue, normal.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
JESUADR wrote:
hi guys i have this problem: just plug the power supply to the outlet the monitor turns on by itself. Is there any way to fix this error or what could it be?

No need to call Ghostbusters, it's normal.