cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Troubles

Oddie65
Level 8
Ok, long story short my Kingston HyperX CloudX headphones when plugged into the PC using the included splitter, are sending ALL PC audio through the microphone, I'm not able to be in a chat with my friends currently because of this issue. It irritates them too much, understandably. I will be returning the headset to BestBuy tomorrow and purchasing a new one. I'm looking for headset recommendations, especially headsets that use separate microphone and speaker connections right out of the box, or via USB, with no splitters necessary. I determined the splitter was the issue after reading some online forums and someone brought that up. All my recording device settings are correct, stereo mix is disabled/etc. I checked high and low to make sure it was not a software setting causing the audio to play through my microphone. regardless if the mute switch was enabled on my headset, the audio still played through the mic. The only way I got it to stop was to unplug the audio 3.5mm jack and leave the microphone plugged in. Before I switch entirely to using a standalone microphone like a Blue Yeti, I'd like to get headset recommendations that use seperate 3.5mm plugs or USB that are in the $100 dollar range. I can spend a little more or less, does not need to be exactly $100. No $250 astros or anything like that however, thats wayyy out of my budget. I'd like to entertain a headset before looking at a standalone mic for obvious reasons. One of them being that my Stereo is a 500w system with two tower speakers, bookshelves and a subwoofer. They're too loud at night and I don't wish to disturb the family. One of the headsets I was looking at is the Logitech G633, the corsair Void PRO's for PC, The steelseries arctis 5's ( I have heard these sound very very tinny and flat, and that is a no-no for me. I am a mild audiophile.) The Krakens from Razer I've heard terrible things about across the board. I'm also looking at the Cloud Revolver and Revolver S', or even the G933. $150 USD is the max I'd like to spend on a headset. All suggestions and thoughts welcome. PC Specs listed below, it was literally just build yesterday. This purchase/decision will be made around 3pm CT USA tomorrow after work, so I encourage hasty responses. Thank you guys very much, I really really want this issue solved so I can game with friends again. I've owned BLUE products in the past and they're absolutely fantastic, specifically the Snowball, but I'd rather use a headset if at all possible.

MOBO: Z370e Strix
PSU: 750 G3 SuperNova (EVGA)\
GPU: Strix 1080 Gaming
CPU: 8700k OC'd to 5.2 GHz Stable
Cooler: H100i V2
RAM: 16g Gskill Trident RGB 3000
CASE: NZXT S340 Elite
Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung Evo 860 for OS
KB: Razer Cynosa Chroma
Mouse: Glaive RGB (Corsair)
2 REPLIES 2

Oddie65
Level 8
Seriously nobody has any suggestions?

xeromist
If you don't find anything you could always get a good set of headphones and add a mod mic.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…