cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reaply me: PRIME X299-DELUXE: How remove the Intel Turbo icon from Toolbar?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
It is a so easy question for all you but nobody answers to my question. I hve to remove that icon fron toolbar. My question and the pic are on another post some days ago. Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Morning FoxAdriano!

Why do you have to remove that icon? If you do, is there no option to hide it/not show in taskbar? You need that driver for the CPU to function properly

I didn't know if I remove that icon I don't have that driver anymore. I like only to hide it. I'd like to do it because I have too many icons there and it is insignificant. Tt is useless on that toolbar.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah...I understand...just saying it probably only goes if you remove/disable the driver but you don't want to remove the driver if you want turbo boost...there are lots of people complaining about this popping up at start etc...hope they fix it soon between Intel and Microsoft...maybe write Intel a note...

You can remove Nvidia icon easily...that way you'll have less 😉

Arne, I mad some steps to remove that panel from desktop and may be I have disabled that turbo boost driver. I can't know it. Can I verify if it is still abled? Thanks

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Stopping the pop-up won't disable the driver as far as I know...the fact you have the tray icon means it is running at startup I would guess.

Hi Arne, from 2-3 days I don't see that turbo boost driver icon on the toolbar. I don't know why I don't see it anymore. I'm worried. I didn't any update to Windows 10. How can I verify if it is still abled?
Thanks

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I guess just use CPUz or HWiNFO to check it is reaching the correct clock speed at load...

I have just made a scan with CPU-Z and I attach 2 files. Can you verify them please?
Click here for the text file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pssdqh3191c2i3/DESKTOP-KUEEN9M.txt?dl=0I
I remember you I have i9-7940X CPU.
Thanks a lot.

Menthol
Level 14
You can open Task Manager and see if the service is running