cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 + Keybot USB slot = Claymore LEDs lit

GeorgeKps
Level 7
Hello guys. I have run into a problem which i don't know if it really IS a problem or how it's supposed to work. I have connected the Claymore keyboard to the Keybot USB and when i shut down the computer, the keyboard's LEDs stay lit.

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

lexpolicarpio
Level 7
i think its on bios sir

lexpolicarpio wrote:
i think its on bios sir

I can't find any option relating to the LEDs of the keyboard in the BIOS. There ARE options for the LEDs in general but these have no effect on the keyboard

😞

Try enabling the ERP option

lexpolicarpio wrote:
Try enabling the ERP option

I enabled S5, selected the "computer off = lights off" "computer on = lights on". The Keyboard LEDs DO go off but pressing Enter for 2 (or more) seconds doesn't switch the computer on.

It seems like a huge oversight on asus especially since the keyboard has boot up and bios printed right on the enter and del key. keybot II even sates that these functions only work while the pc is in S5 powerstate but enabling S5 in the bios breaks these features.

on a side note does turning keybot II on prevent ROG armoury from detecting the keyboard for you aswell?

Sam_12156 wrote:
It seems like a huge oversight on asus especially since the keyboard has boot up and bios printed right on the enter and del key. keybot II even sates that these functions only work while the pc is in S5 powerstate but enabling S5 in the bios breaks these features.

on a side note does turning keybot II on prevent ROG armoury from detecting the keyboard for you aswell?

Keybot II works fine yet it disables Armoury support so i can't make any macros or adjust specific key lights. But my main problem is that enabling S5 and connecting the keyboard to the Keybot II USB slot, when the computer is shut off, the keyboard LEDs are lit. Permanently. I have to switch off the key LEDs from the FN + "Del/End/PageDown" combination. The only other way to avoid the lit key LEDs while in S5 is to have the keyboard connected to a different USB slot (than the Keybot one). But doing so nullifies the S5 Boot Up function.

It seems that Armoury and this keyboard in general is still in Beta form and we're the testers. I mean, we can't even set the specific RGB values like we can in Aura but then if you have a specific effect in Aura and link the keyboard, the effect passes to it too. So, for example, i have a "breathing" effect to the keyboard which makes writing a pain.

I am really enjoying the keypad on the left side of the keyboard and the Brown Switches but man, the software support is bad. And had i known these problems i don't know if i would still purchase the keyboard

😞

As another problem with keybot II on this keyboard, with it on the volume roller on the numpad doesn't work for me.