cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy sound while gaming

lsaavedra_1
Level 7
Hello every one. This is my first time posting something in the forum and I would like to see if I can find a solution here since I have been unable to find a solution that really works some place else .
I have Asus prime x370-pro with Ryzen 3 (set to best performance and Not over clocked) and I'm having 2 issues since day one. I have windows 10 x64 latest updates.
Also Bios has been updated per technical support advice. I have re-installed REALTEK and AMD Radeon RX460 HDMI audio and HD audio drivers
several times with no luck. I always end up with the code 22 in one of the High Definition Audio Bus in Device Manager under System Devices. If I search for updated drivers, windows tells me that I already have the latest drivers for the device. If I uninstall it, it will magically shows up next time I reboot the PC.

1) Device Manager has AMD High Definition Audio Bus with a code 22 (is not enabled)
If I enable it, the code 22 becomes a code 10 ( device unable to start)

2) Game play (off Line) has become a nightmare since I have choppy sound thru HDMI and Rear sound Outputs.
Also frames random freezes for a few seconds even if I have AMD Adrenalin settings on Default settings.

I wonder if is possible that because I don't have CPU with AMD RADEON sound in CPU chip I can not use rear audio outputs. I understand that if I want to use the motherboard HDMI output, I need to have a processor which includes AMD RADEON chip, but is not the case if I want to use on board Analog sound outputs. Perhaps I'm not connecting speakers properly, but maybe someone will help me to set up things here so I can use HDMI ( using RADEON rx460 to monitor) and analog REALTEK sound thru analog rear motherboard outputs. Any help will be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

SupremeMaster
Level 7
Go to device manager and uninstall all the sound drivers that you don't use. I fixed my problem like this. Also if you want more clue about the source of choppy sounds try dpc latency monitor program

Retired
Not applicable
Try testing your receiver without the PC analog connection first. If you have a crystal sound then all is fine. As SupremeMaster mentioned, that would be my first option for troubleshooting. Is there a way you can turn off HDMI output from AMD Radeon program, so that you have only enabled by one source, which would be the Realtek codec only?