cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI BIOS message "Load Previous Values" each time

XYchromosone
Level 10
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone else is getting the same message "Load Previous Values" each time you enter into the BIOS with an "OK" or "Cancel" option? My previous mobo Maximus VIII Ranger never gave this message, so is this a bug or is it possible that this is default for the Maximus X Hero? I updated to BIOS 1003 btw, and i can not recall if the original BIOS version put out this message?

It happens each time I enter into the BIOS and I am not certain if choosing OK actually makes any changes by setting up the BIOS to a previous state where any changes were made by me?
19 REPLIES 19

Deepcuts
Level 10
Are you enabling XMP by any chance?
This might cause the message to appear.
Try disabling XMP and see if it goes away. Set your RAM at lowest speed also.
It is not a fix, just to see if this is what is causing the problem.

THANKS for your input, and please excuse this late reply. I do have xmp setup and shall try your suggestions. I too have a hunch on my back suggesting it has to do with either the new OC profile I created and am running or something similar re OC.

I'll report back with what I find

OK I discovered that if I use the del key to enter the UEFI BIOS i do not get the message. However, if I enter the UEFI BIOS with the f2 option, I get the message to "Load previous values?" So what's with that?

BTW i didn't undo XMP or reset the BIOS to default, so I still need to try that and see if f2 puts out that message. My guess is that it will not ask once the BIOS is reset to default.

no1yak
Level 8
My Hero X does the exact same thing when using F2 to enter the Bios. I only ever use the delete key. I don't think this is a problem, could be by design.

no1yak wrote:
My Hero X does the exact same thing when using F2 to enter the Bios. I only ever use the delete key. I don't think this is a problem, could be by design.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm used to my previous Maximus VIII which didn't do this. It must be by design with this version. ASUS should explain this mode in the manual.

Deepcuts
Level 10
X HERO does not behave like that.
Just tried it myself to be extra sure, given that I normally use del key. Twice.
Your system is not stable.

Deepcuts wrote:
X HERO does not behave like that.
Just tried it myself to be extra sure, given that I normally use del key. Twice.
Your system is not stable.

Can you please state why you think the system is not stable. With my set-up I have run most of the stress tests for hours and had no problems at all.
I personally can't see how using the F2 key can make any difference when the system is not under any load apart from boot -up.

Even my Hero IX does the same thing.

no1yak wrote:
Can you please state why you think the system is not stable. With my set-up I have run most of the stress tests for hours and had no problems at all.
I personally can't see how using the F2 key can make any difference when the system is not under any load apart from boot -up.

Even my Hero IX does the same thing.

Same here, my system is stable, have run many benchmarks and stress tested for hours without a hiccup. Although I get where the thought of instability comes from, that is what I thought when I first saw the message. I still have to returned the system to its default BIOS setting to see if this message comes up... too slack on my part. Shall do after I post this

Deepcuts
Level 10
Can you take a picture of the message you are getting?
What I understand without seeing the error myself is that your computer boots and loads default settings because of some problem. Usually when this happens you get a message to press F1.
If this is not the case and I did not understood you correctly, a picture will help.