cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X299 and Win10 FC build 1709 still unstable

JustinThyme
Level 13
So last night I get bored and decide Ill try the FCU once again with all the latest updates.
Bad decision and back to 1703

Biggest issues
1) on every shut down and restart it fails to BIOS screen and requires a BIOS reset and restart without exection....100% of the time
2) several IRQL BSODs
3) annoying TBM window at every boot when in 1703 it launches and minimizes to hidden area on task bar.

May be more issues. Didnt go through to make sure everything works on the FCU, the problems I got that are persistant are enough to roll back with little else but browsing and media playing.

Anyone else get this stuff? Dont know if some of it has to do with the VROC boot array. When I reset Im not changing anything. Just go to save and exit where is tell me nothing is changed but does a reset anyhow. If I select discard and exit Im right back in the BIOS screen at exit.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Seen lots of people saying same for TBM...

The rest...I presume you've tested stock 😛

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes Ive tested stock and tried a few different tuning. Comes right back with the same thing. When it goes to BIOS and the save and reset followed by you didnt change anything and I reset anyhow it works just fine. stable as ever, just takes the reset which power cycles. I also tried just removing power and that works just fine too. One thing that Im doing that a lot are not is the two 900P PCIe Drives in VROC raid 0 across two VMDs. Im not going to kill myself over it as the FCU really doesnt have and new components that make it worth wiping and starting anew. Just curious is anyone else has the issues and found a fix other than a wipe and reinstall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I'm running 1709 16299.248 and had no issues, maybe its related to one of your components?

Chino
Level 15
Assuming none of your components are faulty, check your VROC array. I'm using FCU with a Strix X299 and a i7-7820K just fine. 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
I’m thinking it’s related to the *VROC array but it’s not worth the hassle going through a fresh install and reinstalling everything just to go to FCU when 1703 works perfectly.*