cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VSK - Update BIOS; Selected file not a proper BIOS file.

Dalski
Level 8
I've tried getting some input regarding my Thunderbolt USB-C port not outputting video. Asus' recommendation has been to update the BIOS. According to the Asus Downloads site I should install ver 310. I have tried the following:

• Downloading the .310 file, extracting to a UTFS flash drive (quick format in disk management) and uploading via the Easy Flash in BIOS - "Selected file is not a proper BIOS file";
  • Downloading the .310 file, extracting to a UTFS flash drive (long format in disk management) and uploading via the Easy Flash in BIOS - "Selected file is not a proper BIOS file";
  • Downloading the .310 file directly to the flash drive FAT32 (quick format in disk management) and uploading via the Easy Flash in BIOS - "Selected file is not a proper BIOS file";
  • Downloading the .310 file directly to the flash drive FAT32 (long format in disk management) and uploading via the Easy Flash in BIOS - "Selected file is not a proper BIOS file";
  • Downloading the .310 file directly to the flash drive (long format in disk management), renaming the file to a .CAP file and uploading via the Easy Flash in BIOS - "Selected file is not a proper BIOS file";

Has anyone on here managed to update the BIOS on a G752VSK and possibly have a recommendation for me?
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
My G752VY BIOS Zip unzips to G752VYAS.303 no extension and installed through eZflash in the BIOS its self? it installed with no issues at all, are you sure you are downloading the correct BIOS for your notebook? Asus Support Downloads create your account Register your notebook and download for your particular notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks Clintlgm,

You are completely correct, I foolishly thought that the G752VSK BIOS on the Asus website was for the G752VSK. In fact what I needed was the G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G752VS-7th-Gen-Intel-Core/HelpDesk_BIOS/.

I've been on the phone with Asus again today regarding my USB-C 3.1 Thunderbolt port not working. I've noticed that mid-afternoon they've taken the link down and it's not showing any downloads for the G752VSK since an hour or so after my call.

Unfortunately the BIOS update has not fixed my Thunderbolt display issue, I'm very disappointed with Asus; I'll never buy another one that's for sure!

Dalski wrote:
Thanks Clintlgm,

You are completely correct, I foolishly thought that the G752VSK BIOS on the Asus website was for the G752VSK. In fact what I needed was the G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G752VS-7th-Gen-Intel-Core/HelpDesk_BIOS/.

I've been on the phone with Asus again today regarding my USB-C 3.1 Thunderbolt port not working. I've noticed that mid-afternoon they've taken the link down and it's not showing any downloads for the G752VSK since an hour or so after my call.

Unfortunately the BIOS update has not fixed my Thunderbolt display issue, I'm very disappointed with Asus; I'll never buy another one that's for sure!

I can't help you with the TB issues, others here may be able too. I do now that starting with the G75VW which was advertised to have TB did not have it and I don't believe any VW ever did get it, however, the g75 VX did have it.

From other posts I have read here the VSK is a completely different notebook from the VS while they look similar the K is supposed to be thinner and other differences More like the GL line. it's getting hard to keep up lately, it seems they are selling G701 and G703 Again 2 different models. More trickery I guess. Its confusing enough with the G Series GL series and GX series each different. So now we're seeing G series that are different from each other other than just components.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro