cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 + Rx Vega Liquid Grey / Black screen problems

Hivemind
Level 8
After being busy with AMD for more then 2 months i am not sure if it will or can be fixed
I got a very difficult problem with the RX Vega Liquid that is causing random grey / black screens
i have tried a lot to find out what could cause it, but i have bin unable to fix it .. i only found a temporary fix that works and that is locking the HBM2 memory .
I know it really sounds like that the graphics card is defective but i have tried 3 different Vega cards and they all gave the same problem, and amd is not able to recreate the issue .. but they don't got the same main-board that i have .. (i have also tested the Vega card in an Maximus VIII with a 6700K and worked without problems)

There are more people with the same problem on the forum that i created there.
I made a really detailed problem description on the forum there, i hope you guys could take a look.

https://community.amd.com/thread/223844

My question , is it possible for Asus to test a RX Vega 64 Liquid on this particular main-board to find out if it gives to same issue's that i got ??

Rampage V edition 10 Bios version (currently on 1801) also tested on version 1701 and 1503.
Rx Vega 64 liquid uses Vbios 016.001.001.000.008774 i have also tested an older vbios with the first vega card i had 016.001.001.000.008734 but it gave the same problems.
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Just suggestions for experimentation....have you set the PCIe slot to Gen 3 instead of auto...somewhere in advanced tab if I remember correct?

Have you tried playing with power plan PCIe link state power management?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Just suggestions for experimentation....have you set the PCIe slot to Gen 3 instead of auto...somewhere in advanced tab if I remember correct?

Have you tried playing with power plan PCIe link state power management?

I got PCIe link state power management disabled , and PCIe is always on gen3 it doesn't switch and setting it manually on gen 3 didn't change a thing..
I am still testing but it seems that it has something to do with either the latest update of windows 10 (February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248) and maybe AMD Adrenaline 18.2.3 but it seems to run stable now .. so maybe i made this post 3 days too early .. will keep testing it i will report back if it is more then a week stable.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Any luck isolating this Hivemind?

Sadly no, the problem is still here and i just can't get it fixed yet.
I also made a reply on the AMD forums that i started some months ago, i'm testing another Dp Cable.. maybe this helps .. i know my previous Fury card worked flawless so it hardly can be the Cable but i'll test it anyway got nothing to lose 🙂

i'll post my findings .. i have to be sure it works so i can't say it after 1 day..

Still not stable crashed after a week, and crashed @ low gpu load..
but i don't think it has anything to do with the main-board anymore .. it just has to be the Gpu driver