cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob-ish questions about my OC on Maximus VIII Ranger with i5 6600k

fillip2k
Level 7
Hi all,

I have a couple of noobish questions to ask. I have been running a 4.7GHz OC (or I think I have) on my Maximus VIII Ranger i5660K now since shortly after I built the system (end of March 2016)

The system has been stable and I have no issues as far that is concerned, over 8 hours Realbench stress test was the metric I used as my confirmation. However talking to my brother last night I realised a couple of things and I also confused myself a bit. So I'm hoping you guys can spread some sagely wisdom my way.

Question 1: HWinfo, Realbench and CPUZ all report my freq as 4.7GHZ which is what I want (multiplier of 47) however in the BIOS in the info panel on the right hand side it comes up with 3.5Ghz and a multiplier of 35. Why is this? Have I actually got the OC I think I have?

Question 2: This relates to LLC... I have my voltage set to 1.25 in the BIOS however under 100% load the voltage (VCORE) reported by HWinfo is 1.26 not 1.25. This is with LLC set to AUTO. Why is this? If I set the LLC to 4, which I have seen mentioned in various threads, I get a VCORE of 1.248 at 100% load however then I begin to experience stability issues.

FYI my temps fluctuate from 59-63 degrees after 15 minutes of realbench...

Hopefully I've made sense, and your help and advice will be greatly appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

So my e-peen remains intact? this is a relief.

Still don't think I'm 100% on what LLC is actually doing tbh... Time to do some googling. Thanks for the reply!

Check this out for the best explanation of LLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGhpKHWYAg