cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Horus GK2000 RGB - T,Y, LShift and Backspace do not work out of the box

Cutsick
Level 7
Amazon package arrived today, plugged in the keyboard and T,Y, LShift and Backspace do not work/register input. (Windows 10 64bit).

So i tried the following.

• Installed the driver and updated the firmware. Did not fix the issue.
  • Used the ASUS software to manually map the keys. Did not fix the issue. (i needed to use a 2nd functional keyboard to enter t,y etc. This also proved it isn't software related)
  • Tried the Keyboard on a 2nd PC running Win10 64bit. Did not fix the issue.

Any ideas with a fix or have I imported (at great expense) a faulty $229USD keyboard?

Does the ASUS international warranty cover this top end keyboard in Australia?

FYI - Before i ordered this keyboard from the US I contacted ASUS Australia and asked about this keyboards local availabilty. I received the worst customer service response I've ever seen so decided to purchase from the US. ASUS have 13 local distributors in Australia, i wonder if they know this is the quality of customer service ASUS hand out for product enquiries:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.
My name is Andrew Tiet and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Thank you for your email regarding your interests with ASUS product query. Unfortunately, no information to whether, ROG Horus GK2000 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard will be available in the Australian market for purchase.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let
us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tiet
Customer Service Center

EDIT* I'm rereading this a day later and apologise for the snarkiness. I was clearly dissapointed at the time as i was excited to receive the KB hehe.
Ps - I also checked all the ports for possible short circuit causing debris...no luck.
Anyway....it's most likely a manufacturing fault so I have raised a ticket to return it to Amazon....bummer.

Strangely for a 6month old keyboard the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB seems quite hard to find in stock anywhere.

i'd love to hear from an ASUS rep regarding:

a) Does the ASUS international warranty cover the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB in Australia?
b) Has the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB gone end of life which is why it isn't availalbe anywhere?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

computeur
Level 7
Cutsick wrote:
Amazon package arrived today, plugged in the keyboard and T,Y, LShift and Backspace do not work/register input. (Windows 10 64bit).

So i tried the following.

• Installed the driver and updated the firmware. Did not fix the issue.
  • Used the ASUS software to manually map the keys. Did not fix the issue. (i needed to use a 2nd functional keyboard to enter t,y etc. This also proved it isn't software related)
  • Tried the Keyboard on a 2nd PC running Win10 64bit. Did not fix the issue.

Any ideas with a fix or have I imported (at great expense) a faulty $229USD keyboard?

Does the ASUS international warranty cover this top end keyboard in Australia?

FYI - Before i ordered this keyboard from the US I contacted ASUS Australia and asked about this keyboards local availabilty. I received the worst customer service response I've ever seen so decided to purchase from the US. ASUS have 13 local distributors in Australia, i wonder if they know this is the quality of customer service ASUS hand out for product enquiries:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.
My name is Andrew Tiet and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Thank you for your email regarding your interests with ASUS product query. Unfortunately, no information to whether, ROG Horus GK2000 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard will be available in the Australian market for purchase.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let
us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tiet
Customer Service Center

EDIT* I'm rereading this a day later and apologise for the snarkiness. I was clearly dissapointed at the time as i was excited to receive the KB hehe.
Ps - I also checked all the ports for possible short circuit causing debris...no luck.
Anyway....it's most likely a manufacturing fault so I have raised a ticket to return it to Amazon....bummer.

Strangely for a 6month old keyboard the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB seems quite hard to find in stock anywhere.

a) Does the ASUS international warranty cover the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB in Australia?
b) Has the ROG Horus GK2000 RGB gone end of life which is why it isn't availalbe anywhere?

Thanks.

Cutsick wrote:

Thanks.

Hi Cutsick

Your feedback really interested me. I'm French (you will better understand why my english is poor ^^) and like you I'm a GK 2000 RGB owner
My keeboard works fine and I know that even though I bought this keyboard eight months ago, Asus hasn't made anymore it for over two years
- When I look at the poor software or the lack of multiple RGB animations and the Aurus uncompatibility (incredible but true) I understand why
By cons at any time my keyboard can be broken (I just had 5 K95 RGB Corsair broken but covered by the manufacturer's warranty over 4 years and I bought my GK2000 RGB Asus with the 5th Corsair keyboard refund...
This is the reason why I want to know if the Asus warranty worked for you?

Thanks and take care of yours