cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog GL502VS Mouse and Keyboard problem

Gastiflex
Level 7
Hello everybody,
I have a big problem on my GL502VS (Intel 6th generation) : the keyboard and the mouse don't work anymore. To be precise :
- The touchpad work
- The laptop keyboard doesn't work
- USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work
- USB storage on the same ports work
- Keyboard and mouse work outside of Windows : keyboard works in the BIOS, mouse works in Windows installation or recovery screens...
- In the peripheral manager, the drivers are not recognized for the mouse, the keyboard and AsasTek Computer Inc. If I try to repair or update the drivers, it fails.

What I've already tried, without any succes :
- Plug other USB mouses or keyboards
- Try in safe mode
- Unplug the device, uninstall his driver, plug it again. The optic mouse ligths on, Windows tries to download the driver and fails (driver not recognized)
- Update all ASUS drivers
- Update the BIOS to version 302

Thank you very much
Clément
10 REPLIES 10

RippedTester170
Level 7
The Window 10 - 1709 - KB4074588 security update probably did this. You are not alone.

MS just fessed up to this earlier this week.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-f...

They didn't reinstall the native HID drivers when doing the update. Theoretically, they are issuing a patch next week.

Thank you very much !
Do you know how can I be aware of the patch release ?

Clément

Well, that didn't work. MS threw out the update in 'W10 update Tuesday' today.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090913/march5-2018kb4090913osbuild16299-251

The problem is, it didn't resolve the problem. My onboard keyboard still does not work.

I called MS support and the phone jockey just stammered with the problem. I ended up showing him around the PC for trouble shooting.

I got escalated to a level 2 team....Wow, do I feel important. I am sure the end result will be a recommendation for a clean install of Windows.

When you make hammers...everything is a nail. When you make OS Software, everything is fixed with a reinstall.

Doomed...we are all doomed.

I've already done the clean install, but Windows downloads the problematic patch and the problem occurs again.

During the clean install, was there an opportunity to try the keyboard out? If so, did it work and then not work when the problematic KB update installs?

The MS techs want me to do a clean install. The Asus tech said that the F2 (enter BIOS) and few others buttons work outside of Windows. If they don't work, the keyboard is dead and needs to be replaced.

With the clean install, updates + the last Microsoft patch, it works.

After applying all updates, I uninstalled / reinstalled the keyboard drivers and rebooted. Then the keyboard worked again.

Can't believe it took Microsoft 3+ months to get this properly fixed.

I had the same problem back in January and I updated again thinking it might have been fixed by now and I got the same results, is the clean install really the only way to get the keyboard to work?

EDIT: I seem to have found the driver responsible for this issue, it says the driver is not intended for this platform. Whenever I try to uninstall and let it get reinstalled it doesn't change. Someone needs to review this driver, this is a serious issue. http://prntscr.com/j3eypd

I just ended up rolling back to the anniversary update (1609), I will be following this thread and others closely to find out if it can finally be resolved in a proper way.