cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU multiplier on Rampage VI Extreme

Bartacus82
Level 7
Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to increase the cpu multiplier on the Rampage VI Extreme mobo. It's currently set at x34. I would like to bump it up a little. My last mobo had an actual cpu multiplier setting in the bios which made it easy. I can't quite work out how to go about it on the rampage vi. As you can tell I'm a not pro & rather rusty at the moment.
10 REPLIES 10

meankeys
Level 13
Go to page 3-12 in your manual - it shows you a picture - at the top it reads - CPU CORE RATIO - set to SYN ALL CORES that will allow you to set the ratio to what ever you want - a line just under that will open and set it to like 45 hit enter and then F10 to set and reboot. Depending on your cooling will limit your speed. as you increase the ratio you may need to increase the CPU core voltage. I would try setting your CPU core voltage to ADAPTIVE + .001 and see how far you can bump up your ratio. You may need to set your PPL Voltage to like 5 to aid the adaptive voltage setting.

ALSO - this is all done in advanced mode so hit F7 if you use EZ MODE

Let us know how you make out - good luck

Thanks for the flow of knowledge meanKeys. Just what I needed to set me off. Time to see what this machine can do.

meankeys
Level 13
According to your system spec's you should have decent cooling. Just keep an eye on your temps. What are you using to monitor your voltage and temps?

I think cooling should be fine as long as I don't go overkill. I have speccy & Corsair link to keep an eye on my temps. Also have Asus AI suite to monitor voltage/temp. Voltage is a bit of a mine field for me. Not to savvy with what's considered okay, high or tooooo high to the point of chip fries when it comes to volt reads. Never manually adjusted voltages apart from my ram sticks. Last thing I want to do is blow my street up with an intel style nuke.

Do you know of any better applications for reading temps & voltage than what I have ?

meankeys
Level 13
I have been using this HWINFO 64 get the latest version here. covers temps and voltage and then some

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

I would try to keep your temps 35-40c 24/7 - 50-60c ok for gaming as far as voltage once you get a stable clock lower your voltage until it becomes unstable then bump it up a bit.

With your cooling I figure you can run 5000 MHz @ 1.225v - 1.365v - minding your temps

good luck

meankeys wrote:
I have been using this HWINFO 64 get the latest version here. covers temps and voltage and then some

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

I would try to keep your temps 35-40c 24/7 - 50-60c ok for gaming as far as voltage once you get a stable clock lower your voltage until it becomes unstable then bump it up a bit.

With your cooling I figure you can run 5000 MHz @ 1.225v - 1.365v - minding your temps

good luck

nice1 for the link. Installed HWINFO 64. I'm liking it. Plenty of monitoring stats & info. Temps taken on board & noted. I'll probably aim for slightly less than 5ghz to begin with. Maybe around 4.4ghz - 4.6ghz. See how my system responds before pushing any further. Thanks for advice. Got my weekend project now.

xarot
Level 11
4.2 to 4.6 GHz on 7980XE for daily use will be closer to truth depending on the applications/stress testing used.
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling

xarot wrote:
4.2 to 4.6 GHz on 7980XE for daily use will be closer to truth depending on the applications/stress testing used.

Cheers mate, 4.6ghz seems like a decent target to aim for.

With an 18 core chip the limit will be the temps. You can take the volts as high as you need but those temps will start to become unmanageable, around 1.3v or so.

Then the VCCIO and SA and CPU Input Voltage all take a toll on the temps when tweaking it for memory and general stability.