CaseThermaltake 900
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1600 T2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200 Small
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD650
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hi guys,

Thought I'd report back with what I've done so far. Finally worked out how to change the core ratio LMAO. I think what tricked me was the fact where it said auto I had to backspace delete it & type in an amount number. Last time I did this on a different mobo it actually offered x multipliers to pick from.

Anyway what I did first was left my XMP profile on. Sync all cores & changed core ratio to 42 which is what the turbo speed of the chip is. I figured this is a good way to start as I won't have to mess with the voltage yet. I think core voltage was set to auto. Everything went fine.

I decided then to knock it up 4.4ghz & see what happens. Settings all left the same apart from core ratio. Computer booted fine. Best way to quickly test how stable it may be is by seeing how imagelines FL studio 12 responds. Opening up app, app error code & system crash...no bsod though lol. That program is rather picky with OC. I'm guessing this may be the part where I need to actually change the core voltage myself & take it off auto. What is the difference of an auto or manual setting for core voltage. I mean does the ai auto function tend to give too much or not enough volt power.

Is it more or less beneficial to use the XMP profile for what I'm doing regarding OC my cpu. Should I be setting it to manual or is XMP fine to keep on.

I will try to take it to 4.4ghz only stable where it doesn't crash FL studio 12 this time.

Here's the temps I got from the 4.2ghz 42 core ratio setting. Idle & stress test. I could probably bump my rad fans up. Got them set at 1200rpm. Max is about 1750rpm.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Desktop 07-03-2018 15-45-50-634.jpg  

Desktop 07-03-2018 15-47-11-931.jpg  

Last edited by Bartacus82; 03-07-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2