cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Drivers not working, ROG frontbase, AURA, Supreme HI FI

NuMetal93
Level 7
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this, its kinda a rant/plea for help.

I have had my Rampage 5 Edition 10 for a while now and ive never been able to get the ROG front abse or the Supreme Hi FI drive bay dac thing to work .
Aura (1.05.38) gives me a Cant open AsIO.sys error but installs. After installation it will crash. The drivers for the HI Fi just plain out front work for my build of windows.
I have reverted back to before the creators update and it does fix the AURA issue but the HI FI and Front base still don't work. My motherboard is not on the supported list of Boards for the Front base but maybe there is a work around. The latest drivers/firmware for the front base are from 2016.

I have tried installing windows 10 versions before the creators update(fixed aura), using older drivers, updating the Front base firmware and trying the fix that involves installing rog connect but, not much has worked. I have even tried installing windows 7. Win 7 worked for the HI fi thing sorta(it did not work at first but started working a day later) the front base still did noting(Most likely because my board is not in the supported list). Id keep windows 7 but, there is an issue where after installing updates my pc flat out wont boot to my m.2 ssd. Not sure why I think it has to do with windows 7 not nativity supporting NVME. I have had the same issue on two computers with the same drive.

It doesn't bother me too much not having these features work but its annoying that the support for a 500 dollar can have so many driver issues. The coasters that came with it make up for it though. I get that Microsoft is changing stuff under the hood for windows but it bothers me that the front base has not been updated for 2 years and I have only rarely been able to use some of the features on this board. Other than this its a nice board.

Specs:
I7 6850k
32 gb ram
1080 ti 2x sli
Rampage 5 edition 10. Bios1801
Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.16299 ,16299

Much thanks to anyone who can help!! Its much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

KingJerky
Level 7
Browse to C:\Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\Io

If that folder does not exist, install the ASUS Probe Sense Driver

Run AsIoIns.exe from that folder AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Reboot, check again... may need to reinstall the audio drivers, but try without doing that first. 🙂

If you still get it, browse to the location of asio.sys (should be C:\windows\syswow64\asio.sys) and look a the security assigned to it. Make sure SYSTEM has full control and I granted administrators full control as well and it functions OK here.

The location may very if you have a different OS so search for it and see where it shows up.

Good luck sir!
-KJ

NuMetal93 wrote:
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this, its kinda a rant/plea for help.

I have had my Rampage 5 Edition 10 for a while now and ive never been able to get the ROG front abse or the Supreme Hi FI drive bay dac thing to work .
Aura (1.05.38) gives me a Cant open AsIO.sys error but installs. After installation it will crash. The drivers for the HI Fi just plain out front work for my build of windows.
I have reverted back to before the creators update and it does fix the AURA issue but the HI FI and Front base still don't work. My motherboard is not on the supported list of Boards for the Front base but maybe there is a work around. The latest drivers/firmware for the front base are from 2016.

I have tried installing windows 10 versions before the creators update(fixed aura), using older drivers, updating the Front base firmware and trying the fix that involves installing rog connect but, not much has worked. I have even tried installing windows 7. Win 7 worked for the HI fi thing sorta(it did not work at first but started working a day later) the front base still did noting(Most likely because my board is not in the supported list). Id keep windows 7 but, there is an issue where after installing updates my pc flat out wont boot to my m.2 ssd. Not sure why I think it has to do with windows 7 not nativity supporting NVME. I have had the same issue on two computers with the same drive.

It doesn't bother me too much not having these features work but its annoying that the support for a 500 dollar can have so many driver issues. The coasters that came with it make up for it though. I get that Microsoft is changing stuff under the hood for windows but it bothers me that the front base has not been updated for 2 years and I have only rarely been able to use some of the features on this board. Other than this its a nice board.

Specs:
I7 6850k
32 gb ram
1080 ti 2x sli
Rampage 5 edition 10. Bios1801
Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.16299 ,16299

Much thanks to anyone who can help!! Its much appreciated.

NuMetal93
Level 7
Ill give it a shot, thank you for the input!!.

NuMetal93
Level 7
This fix did not work for me.

NuMetal93 wrote:
This fix did not work for me.

please follow the thread everything works fine for me im using the same setup
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88467-ROG-Front-Base-Fail-to-install-IO-driver#post651332