cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Sync keeps crashing. Need Help

Tblevins
Level 7
I recently Build a new computer with several RGB components and have been having issues getting Aura Sync to work, making it so I cant control those lights.

A little bit of back round history: When I started installing software to my computer, I installed AURA Sync. At the time it was running fine. once I was done setting up, I plugged in the HDD from my computer to transfer over data, forgetting about Windows 8 that was on it, competing to be the OS when booting, my computer reset several times until I unplugged said HDD.
The new computer then booted up just fine afterwards but I had to Re-Install all the software's again, This time ASUS Aura was no longer working and would crash every time I try to open it.

Since then I see these issues in this order (Attached are pictures of errors):
-Try to open AURA Aura and come up with crash report "ASUS AURA HAS STOPPED WORKING"
-Crash report automatically Directs my to "Doctor Dump" website.
-Try to uninstall AURA Sync and get a error "Failed to uninstall lighting service"
-After closing error, uninstall wizard claims to have finished un-installing anyways.
-Go into files where AURA sync used to be and still find one system file left over that cant be deleted stating that It is still running in another program
-Re-Install AURA Sync and repeat

Inside my computer I have
-ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard
-ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1080TI
-G.SKILL TridentZ 16 GB RAM
-Samsung 850 Evo SSD
-Samsung 650 Evo M.2
-Windows 10
-Case is the NZXT Noctis 450 ROG

If Anyone has any ideas on how to get Aura sync working, Im all ears because I have no Idea

P.S. I Do not have any other lighting service softwares that could be keeping it from running.
2 REPLIES 2

BobGuardian_452
Level 7
I've gotten it to work by turning it off, turning off/unplugging the power supply, then pushing the power button a few times to drain all the power, then restarting it. Its not a permanent fix, I have to do this a few times a week. Hopefully they can fix it in the next update, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

HisEvilness
Level 7
Stop the service under services.msc then manually remove lighting.exe and (re)install the latest ASUS Aura.