cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Noise comming from gl702vs laptop whenever i game

cro68
Level 7
Whenever im gaming no matter what game it is i get this weird hissing noise coming from my laptop no matter what settings i have the games at, is this something to worry about or is it nothing?

I bought this less than a year ago and have had the issue before but it has gotten louder now, the Laptop is the asus rog gl702vs model and i just want to make sure i didnt spend my money on a defunct product.

here is a link to a video i recorded with the noise i am hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qclSXrXdvM
3 REPLIES 3

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
Can not tell exactly, because I can't hear anything you mentioned from video. Considering it is not HDD-generated sound (right?), It can be motherboard/processor inductors: some users report a high-frequency noise going "from processor". Google says it is reported earlier for different manufactures (Lenovo, MSI) and to be a accepted defect.

StarJack
Level 11
It doesn't sound like a coil whine to me, that some other users experience. I would say it is an issue with one of the actual fans. That's all I got, sorry.

StarJack

StarJack wrote:
It doesn't sound like a coil whine to me, that some other users experience. I would say it is an issue with one of the actual fans. That's all I got, sorry.

StarJack

Okay well im thinking of taking it back to the store i got it from and having them listen, it also seems to get worse if i have a higher framerate or set the games to their max settings, IE warframe isnt to loud but fortnite when set to high (which i can run easily) when vsync is off or the framerate is set to above 60fps it gets substansially worse.