cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X399 strix RGB lights not working

woppy101
Level 7
Hi guys first post, I have had my X399 Strix and 1920x for about 2 weeks now and about a week ago my RGB stoped working, I have checked in the bios and the firmware is still there but when I try to find them in arora the motherboard isn’t there to select. Does anyone know what I may have done to stop them working, I was having problems with my previous windows installed trying to get them to stay all the same colour so uninstalled arora then they just stopped working. I have done a fresh install of windows and arora but still no lights. Can anyone help please.
7 REPLIES 7

BigJob
Level 10
Things I would try, reinstall Arora 5 more times.

Then I would check to see if my graphics card or any other software (corsair and msi) have any control over the rgb mobo lights by chance.

Why 5 more times?

BigJob
Level 10
Just to make sure it's really not an arora issue. Also try an older version of arora. It could be that you previously installed an older version of arora that it worked with but then stopped working with an update?

aura*

BigJob
Level 10
Can uu take a screenshot of your dekstop with Asus Aura running?

BigJob wrote:
Can uu take a screenshot of your dekstop with Asus Aura running?

here you go*720177201872018

BigJob
Level 10
Yikes looks really dark in there.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread/page7 Check here <<<

Report to this thread here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100355-AURA-1-05-38-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread/page3

Not sure what version you're using but try uninstalling and installing different versions. Also remember to click apply after choosing a lighting config

gupsterg
Level 13
woppy101 wrote:
Hi guys first post, I have had my X399 Strix and 1920x for about 2 weeks now and about a week ago my RGB stoped working, I have checked in the bios and the firmware is still there but when I try to find them in arora the motherboard isn’t there to select. Does anyone know what I may have done to stop them working, I was having problems with my previous windows installed trying to get them to stay all the same colour so uninstalled arora then they just stopped working. I have done a fresh install of windows and arora but still no lights. Can anyone help please.

I'd :-

i) Remove CMOS battery, clear CMOS, leave for an hour or so.

ii) Reinsert battery, reflash UEFI using flashback.

If board does not having functioning "stock" RGB on post then I'd try latest AURA to see it it comes back alive, if not report as bug. It could well be a quirk of RGB FW where it gets stuck off, like it did on C6H and needs ASUS to provide a resolution.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video