cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade my laptop myself, does it void the warranty?

hashrack
Level 7
If I upgrade the RAM (add 1 more chip), replace the 128gb m.2 ssd with 500gb m.2 ssd and replace the 1TB hdd with a 1TB SSD, does it void the warranty?

This was asked on FB page but they have different answers. One said that it will void the warranty. Another one said that it will only void the warranty on the m.2 SSD and the 1TB HDD, while other parts are still under warranty. Some said that it doesn't void the warranty at all. I don't know whose right among them.

Laptop: ASUS GL503VD
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
Note that I'm not an ASUS employee but this is my perception from reading many users here who have required service:

Generally ASUS won't void your warranty unless it is apparent that something you did has damaged the system. However, if you ever need to send the machine in for service you should revert it to stock first. This eliminates any question of whether your parts caused the issue and if they have to replace your laptop you would not lose the parts you have invested.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…