Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by nomenn View Post
    Really...? Not a peep out of anyone from Asus

And in order to get my fans to work properly now I have to buy the 3rd party software to circumvent the buggy Asus BIOS.
    I mean that's why I went with ASUS - figuring a decent support is there. Whatta disappointment..
    I wouldn't count in it. Corsair is not even interested in a hysteresis solution. Asked on their forum a while back and their devs responded quite quickly. But seeing as how they overwhelmingly deal in CLCs, you should just be using liquid temp anyhow which is not prone to sudden steps up and down in fan speed as occurs when using Straight CPU temp. That doesn't answer the question however as to why Asus keeps inserting the functionality in the interphase build after build with zero ability to use it. Odd

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon888 View Post
    I wouldn't count in it. Corsair is not even interested in a hysteresis solution. Asked on their forum a while back and their devs responded quite quickly. But seeing as how they overwhelmingly deal in CLCs, you should just be using liquid temp anyhow which is not prone to sudden steps up and down in fan speed as occurs when using Straight CPU temp. That doesn't answer the question however as to why Asus keeps inserting the functionality in the interphase build after build with zero ability to use it. Odd
    I have liquid cooling, and I do use liquid temp for my fan speeds but under certain low load or ambient temps my water temp hovers around the lower limit for my fans, causing my fan to spin up and stop again seconds later several times per minute.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Up...

ROG Junior Member Array

Would I be correct in guessing that BIOS 2003 does not fix the issue?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nomenn View Post
    Would I be correct in guessing that BIOS 2003 does not fix the issue?
    Nope, still the same as when I posted over a year ago. I have a corsair aio now so my intake rad fans are set using iCUE and exhaust are set in bios. The only way to stop the excessive noise for me was using a temp probe behind the radiator to set my exhaust fan curve (i.e. virtually based off the liquid temp). Plus keeping the max fan speed at a noise level I was comfortable with.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the ASUS engineers did anything for us.

ROG Member Array

I wish ASUS would fix this issue. I dont see how this isnt somewhat of a major bug for them. A feature they are advertising on the user interface literally does not work at all in both the BIOS and the FanXpert in AISuite. This has been causing me a lot of headache because my fans constantly ramp up and then down even by just loading a page in chrome.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24'
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 4 TBx3/Samsung EVO 950 SATA 250 GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterIPFire

Off topic:
    At least this topic is free of Asus reps. telling users it's somehow their fault for step up not working. See RAM QVL that is not really qualified, microphone volume, audio crackling....
    As soon as it is clear as day they messed up, no Asus reps. to be seen for miles with a fix. Like...never.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6