Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flow Meter

New ROGer Array

Flow Meter

I will be buying an ROG Maximus IX Formula as soon as they are released to the market. Would like to use the onboard temp and flow monitoring software instead of separate Aquaero hardware & Aquasuite. What flow meter (brand & details) will be compatible? Is any adapter hardware needed to get correct readings on flow?

since its just released, no one knows.
    only way is to test and see.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Question

Hi, I am wondering the same thing still. Picking up my board tomorrow and already have Aquacomputer flow meters/temp sensors. Hope to be able to use them. (Though there doesnt appear to be a calibration / scaling option in the BIOS?)

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Klute_Onren PC Specs
    Klute_Onren PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus IX Hero
    ProcessorI7 7700k @5.1g no-HT
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070FE
    MonitorLG 34UM67-P 34" Class 21:9
    Storage #1Samsung 850evo 250g x2 raid0
    CPU CoolerWatercool Heatkiller IV
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyAntec Edge 750
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming ONE

Any results?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Exclamation

One result is this: the ASUS board outputs 12V not 5V on the wflow sensor input port, I was not aware. Wired that also to my Aquastream input to share flow sensor data, fried Aquastream controller. (I tried with resistors earlier but the board was not reading any data from Aquacomputer high flow sensor)

So yeah, beware, be sure your flow sensor is compatible with 12V in, also I am surprised this is not a bloody standard, why is ASUS on 12V and Aquacomputer on 5V for f***s sake. I am also very disappointed ASUS did not label the pinout VOLTAGES and CURRENTS in the manual. Imagine if all their part suppliers did the same (for IC's etc).
    Last edited by bn880; 01-28-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Personally I still prefer the Aquasuite. It's consistently proven to perform better at fan and pump control over the MOBO controls and can do something the MOBO can't, control PWM pumps without power to the MOBO for filling and leak testing. I like the ability for alarms and customized desktop display for however you want to build it that can't be done with the MOBO and you couldn't pay me to ever install ASUS AI Suite ever again!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Klute_Onren PC Specs
    Klute_Onren PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus IX Hero
    ProcessorI7 7700k @5.1g no-HT
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070FE
    MonitorLG 34UM67-P 34" Class 21:9
    Storage #1Samsung 850evo 250g x2 raid0
    CPU CoolerWatercool Heatkiller IV
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyAntec Edge 750
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming ONE

So basically no one knows for sure which flow meter or temp sensors work on this board?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Klute_Onren View Post
    So basically no one knows for sure which flow meter or temp sensors work on this board?
    Temp sensors: the aquacomputer temp sensors work well. That's all I know for sure.

The AC high flow sensor works but the input value would need to be scaled, and bios has no scaling. So it would need to be scaled/calibrated in some software.

But yes, ASUS should up their game: release specifications for temp and flow sensors for them to work, and improve BIOS with scaling/biasing features. (a compatibility list wouldn't hurt either)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bn880 View Post
    Temp sensors: the aquacomputer temp sensors work well. That's all I know for sure.

The AC high flow sensor works but the input value would need to be scaled, and bios has no scaling. So it would need to be scaled/calibrated in some software.

But yes, ASUS should up their game: release specifications for temp and flow sensors for them to work, and improve BIOS with scaling/biasing features. (a compatibility list wouldn't hurt either)
    I can also confirm that the AC Flow sensor high flow USB does indeed work. However the values are way off when read from AI Suite. For example with aquasuite reporting 0.8 gpm (3 l/m, 180 l/h) it shows as 132 L/M.

There seems to be no way to change that value in AI Suite, and as mentioned, nothing can be done in BIOS either. Interestingly 0.8 gpm is 0.0133 gps, so maybe it is reading it in gps x 1000? (unlikely)
    Not using PWM pump so can't change speed easily to check the variance in flow rates.

Also I have a couple of inline water temp sensors and standard probes that are all 10k sensors and they work perfectly.

Edit: Forget what I said about it's reading, just adjusted my pump and it still shows exactly 132 L/M in ai suite, no change whatsoever.
    Last edited by Iormangund; 02-26-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast