cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Maintenance] What is this and does it work?

Klaive
Level 7
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread (is it?).

Hi guys, im planning to do some maintenance on my GL553VD due to heat issues and while shopping for a thermal paste i found this :

[~~~LINK~~~]

If I understand correctly, its something like an extra layer of pad you put between two thermal pastes layer, is that correct?

That would make it a thick layer from the CPU/GPU to the heatsinks, Is it harmful?
Timezone : GMT+8
2 REPLIES 2

haihane
Level 13
for MYR 15, try getting a few (how many copper "pads" do you get for 15 ringgits anyway?) then check its quality, whether they're malleable, and can be squished down even more with pressure.

i have my skepticism with these kinds of products, but willing to give it benefit of doubt and would recommend you to buy a few and feel it with your fingers yourself to see if it's actually suitable for your laptop.

then apply basic physics logic and see if it's more harm than good for your system.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
for MYR 15, try getting a few (how many copper "pads" do you get for 15 ringgits anyway?) then check its quality, whether they're malleable, and can be squished down even more with pressure.

i have my skepticism with these kinds of products, but willing to give it benefit of doubt and would recommend you to buy a few and feel it with your fingers yourself to see if it's actually suitable for your laptop.

then apply basic physics logic and see if it's more harm than good for your system.

Alright, I'll buy it and see how it actually is. Will update this thread once its shipped.
Thank you !
Timezone : GMT+8