cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX550VD keyboard problem: some keys do not return the correct characters

susie
Level 7
I bought an Asus ZenBook UX550VD.

There are problems with the keyboard (German layout). Certain keys are not giving the correct characters.

For example: when I press the key "0" it returns the character "/". Shift + key "0" returns the character "/" as well.

In the same way the key "p" returns "*" and the key "-" returns "+".

When I press these keys together with the Function key "fn" the correct characters appear.

I have to say that I have installed a larger SSD hard disk in the Zenbook and have successfully clean installed Windows 10.

I tested the keyboard with the following configurations:

in the BIOS: The problem occurs.
With the original SSD hard disk and the installed Windows 10: The problem does not occur.
Boot from USB stick with Linux: The problem does not occur.
With the new SSD hard disk and the installed Windows 10 pro: The problem occurs.

I compared all settings of the original installed Windows with the newly installed Windows. All settings (keyboard driver, keyboard language, etc.) are identical.

One would assume that if the problem is caused by the new Windows installation, the problem does not occur in the BIOS.

Conversely, it is surprising that the problem occurs in the BIOS, but not in the original Windows installation or under Linux.

I also tried to uninstall / reinstall the ATK-Package (latest version), but without success.

Did anyone had a similar problem? What could I try to solve the problem?
0 REPLIES 0