Okay so first off just a rundown of my build:
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black/White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Everything, with the exception of the PSU, GPU and OS, are brand new as of... about a week ago?

Now I seem to be having some... confusion(?) about my USB ports. I have a USB Bluetooth dongle that I use for headsets right. Well everything was all fine and dandy until probably 2 days ago I starting having connectivity issues. Tried installing the driver for my dongle, nothing. Tried updating the Bluetooth drivers. Windows says they are all up to date, nothing to see here. Then after some other fidgeting with the Bluetooth settings I get an error saying to insert my USB Bluetooth Device into a USB 2.0 cause it's old and doesn't work in a 3.0. Honey, friend, brother... it was working just a few hours ago! In this same port no less! It's plugged into one of the black USB ports with the plain USB symbol not the SS or SS10. I was pretty darn sure the two black ones were the 2.0s. Now it works intermittently after reboot only to give me the same error after some time passes.

So... am I crazy or is the dongle crazy? Do I even HAVE USB 2.0 slots??? Cause I found some conflicting evidence wail searching for a solution to suggest that maybe all my Ports are 3.0 and 3.1 because of the processor I chose?

I AM getting a PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth combo board on Monday which should just bypass this whole issue but it would still be good to know if I even have USB 2.0 slots for future reference. >.>
I do also have a USB input with two slots from the front panel of an OLD computer I am more than certain would be 2.0 I could hook up to the mobo. Problem with them is they are in a housing that wouldn't fit into my case so I'd have to figure that out. *shrugs*

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 REPLY 1

celab
Level 7
i sometimes use a x2 usb port adapter and fit it to the rear next to the video card. you have 2x2 usb ports on the board where you can connect it to. how you fit your device into your chassis is up to you. just get a 5€ x2 usb adapter like it is shown in the manual and this is the end of your mounting worries ^^ what i would do is connect your bt devices in the front panel of your pc, not the back so you have a stright connection between your headset and the bt chip. remember, bt isnt designed for long distances and sometime you get problems when connected to the back of your pc. also connect it to a usb2 device not 3 or 3.1 this causes problems sometimes as well.

hope this helps
Orwell was an optimist