cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X.M.P Issues Strix Z270F / Need help getting RAM to run at 3200MHz

karlmanderson19
Level 7
Hey everyone, I've just built a gaming PC, however I can't figure out how to get my Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz RAM, actually running at 3200MHz.

There's one X.M.P Profile present when I go into my bios, however if I use it, I fail to post after that. I've updated my bios, however it still won't work. Would somebody please be able to give me a hand with setting it manually? At the moment it's just running at around 1466.7MHz according to CPU-Z

My specs:
i7 7700k
Strix Z270F
Strix GTX 1080
Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

Any help would be really appreciated
Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi karlmanderson193

I can give you a hand setting your ram manually but you'll need to know the timings of your ram kit.

1) Reset the bios to defaults (F5 key)
2) On the AI Tweaker tab set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
3) Scroll to Dram Frequency and select 3200MHz
4) Scroll to Dram Voltage and enter in 1.35v
5) Scroll to CPU VCCIO Voltage and enter in 1.15v
6) Scroll to CPU System Agent Voltage and enter in 1.15v
7) Click Dram Timing Control - At the very top of the page enter in the primary timings.

There are four primary timings but the bios will have only three listed as the middle two are tied together, for instance if the timings are 16-18-18-38, you'd enter....

Command Rate 2N

F10 and Enter to save and exit.

If it doesn't want to go, raise the CPU VCCIO and CPU System Agent voltages to 1.20v, then up to 1.25v if needed.

Good luck, you can post us a screen shot of CPU-Z if you like.

Hi Nate152,

Ignore edited post, I've got it working now, seem's to be an issue with having TP on and entering those manually

Thanks a lot!