cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a IR Remote ?

Cid6_7
Level 7
Heya all I mainly use our G752VL hooked to our tv, is there any option to connect the tv remote (with keyboard) to the laptop ? Reason I ask is we don't have a wireless keyboard and was just going to go buy one, went to shut the tv off and was like hey wait the remote has a keyboard lol.
Is there a app or something I could use ? as all I can find in settings is IR file transfer..

Thanks Guys
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
Cid6.7 wrote:
Heya all I mainly use our G752VL hooked to our tv, is there any option to connect the tv remote (with keyboard) to the laptop ? Reason I ask is we don't have a wireless keyboard and was just going to go buy one, went to shut the tv off and was like hey wait the remote has a keyboard lol.
Is there a app or something I could use ? as all I can find in settings is IR file transfer..

Thanks Guys

NOT a ROG specific issue or topic - for that GOOGLE exist.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Laptop has no IR receiver. You'd need to attach one and have a program that can decipher the flash codes that come from the remote itself. Best you just grab a wireless keyboard.

Korth
Level 14
Replace the remote with one of these clever little wireless "Android TV box" keyboards.

But if you're looking for a way to aim your TV remote at your laptop then you're basically out of luck unless the TV manufacturer sells/suggests a compatible part or you can find an old-school IRED/CIR transceiver panel with some kind of programmable or "universal" remote capability and a compatible computer interface (USB, Win10 driver, etc).
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]