cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 beep, 2 high frequency beeps on boot

geecee61
Level 7
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help me here, I spend a lot of time traveling, when I get back home and switch on my computer I get the standard ROG beep followed by 2 high frequency beeps and a refusal to boot , this only happens when the PC has been switched off for some time otherwise it normally starts fine, it may take anything from 2 to 15 start up attempts before coming alive again, the ROG from base shows the fans kick in but no frequency readout for the CPU, the build is only approx. 5 months old with all parts new(see below specs) it started happening after 6 weeks, I have reseated both the RAM and the video card, but have struggle to make sense of this issue and hoping someone has a idea and fix for this...many thanks.

Strix 270F
MSI GTX1080
i7 7700k Kaby Lake
WD 500GB SSD
RAM 16GB Ballistix Sport
Cooler Master MAZ-T8PN CPU cooler
Asus Strix Raid DLX 7.1 Soundcard
EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W
ROG Front Base
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T
15 REPLIES 15

Erwin05
Level 10

Thank you, I had already seen this but the 2 preceding beeps are high frequency beeps, unlike a standard beep, this table suggests it is a RAM issue and I have gone through the process of reseating the RAM and use each modular separately with the same result, if I use my computer whilst I am at home I have little to no problem, it is only when I am away traveling and come back after 1 to 4 weeks does this issue happen.

Erwin05
Level 10
Its hard to tell what pc part is bad, the only thing u can do is to replace hardware.

I would 1st replace the psu.
https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If the psu is good then your MB has a problem.

Again thank you for the imput, I have used a diagnostic tool to check the RAM and no errors were found, this build is only 5 months old from the build with all new parts, as I mentioned this only happens when the computer has been switch off for long periods(like a week onwards when I'm out of the country) when I get back I just keep getting the beep code and after 2-15 attempts it starts then rebooting is no problem till I go away again then the same thing happens, both the PSU and the motherboard have had less than 3 months of use, if the issue was continuous I would be less surprised than the pattern of only happen after long periods of being idle.

Erwin05
Level 10
How old your hardware is doesnt matter, how long you are away doesnt matter your pc has a problem.

You need to find the bad part.

If you want a fast fix i would say stop traveling LOL. This wil fix your problem.:D

I think that the PSU is bad.
The problem starts at boot, and i would by a 750watt psu.

Do you have the latest bios installed?
Latest bios is 1203.

Read this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100532-Possibly-defective-ASUS-ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-(WI-FI-A...

Actually I had a Maximus so I spent the afternoon swapping out the motherboard to see if that makes the difference if not the next thing is the PSU, this may lull me into building another with the safe parts as I have an i5 Kaby Lake to pop into the Z270F if it turns out to be the PSU, thank you so much for taking your time in replying, I shall keep the thread up to date as we progress.

So after switching out the MB to a Maximus the beeping continues on boot and takes anywhere from 2 boot attempts to 10 before starting, I tried the MSI GTX1080 GPU in another computer for 2 days without issues also the i7 Kaby Lake processor and it all worked fine, these seem fine so why is it causing issues when back in both ROG MB's, there are no problems when I get it started only when I remove the power supply or leave the computer off for a long time!, this is truly baffling me, could it possibly be the Ballistix Sport RAM cards(16GB DDR4 2400)?, or could it be I am using a DVi(from the graphic card to HDMI into the monitor?.

Erwin05
Level 10
Your memory isnt supported.

Do you have the Z or H motherboard?

What part number does your memory have?

Both MB's are the Z and using

Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2x8Gb DDR4 2400 MT/s PC4-19200 DIMM
Model No. BLS8G4D240FSC

Are you certain they are not compatible?, annoying but at least if this was the ussue it will be the least expensive fix.

Maximus Hero VIII motherboard
Also Strix Z270F
MSI GTX1080
i7 7700k Kaby Lake
WD 500GB SSD
RAM 16GB Ballistix Sport
Cooler Master MAZ-T8PN CPU cooler
Asus Strix Raid DLX 7.1 Soundcard
EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W
ROG Front Base
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T