cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Partition Table

davemon50
Level 11
I am getting the "Invalid Partition Table" on cold startups these days. After a few starts it is fine. The drive is an Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 Pro. You can see the rest of the computer's stats in my profile.

I've checked the drive a few times for errors, and none are reported. I never have any issues at all in Windows, even if I leave the system on for several days. And there are no other extraneous issues.

Last time I was having the issue I booted directly into BIOS instead of W10. Checked the boot sequence and noticed that the drive was not recognized. Then I exited without saving and it booted right up, correctly, into the 960 Pro that it didn't think was there. Based on that behavior, I was wondering what the community thought. I am not running the latest BIOS on the RVE10, but never updated because there have been no issues. I haven't changed anything else in the system, so it's weird that it started doing this.

Also, should I be concerned?
Davemon50
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
Update to the latest BIOS on the other chip. Test your system. If it solves the issue, then you can stick with it. If not, you can always switch back to the other BIOS chip.

Chino wrote:
Update to the latest BIOS on the other chip. Test your system. If it solves the issue, then you can stick with it. If not, you can always switch back to the other BIOS chip.

Wow that thought never even occurred to me. In fact, I had forgotten entirely about the 2nd BIOS copy. Thanks for the tip, I will try it. 😉
Davemon50