cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me with this

gtkbigdirt
Level 7
My cards show up in nvidia controlpanel backwards, they are in the correct spots and seem to run ok but i don't think they evga precision id applying the over clock correctly because they are reversed.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Presumably you want the one connected to your displays to be "(1)" and the other to be "(2)"? Devices are enumerated automatically and that screen isn't meant to imply any order of installation. The "order" doesn't really matter anyway. SLI will take care of everything regardless of which order the GPUs are enumerated.

The only time this ever becomes an issue (IMO) is if one card is getting really hot. Then you have to pay attention to this as it can tell you which card has a cooling problem. Note that usually one card will be slightly warmer as the load isn't split perfectly. It's really only reason for concern is if one card is getting substantially hotter so that it's throttling.

If you're having problems with PrecisionX it's likely unrelated. That software shouldn't care what order the cards are installed either.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DooRules
Level 10
Mine show the same way. I just ignore it. Seen other threads where guys have same issue. It's not a problem.
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K