Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hopefully the keep the backlit keyboard XD

Yea hopefully they listen to us else they are making the same mistake.

Thanks a lot bro for the video I haven't see the video until you give it to me.

Come on come on.. Can't wait XD

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Let us pray for that

Perhaps you would be one of the first to recommend/review the new notebook
    (And discover new issues that we don't know about, either that or a completely free for issues notebook )
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 02-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

ROG Enthusiast Array

I finally got my Asus G55VW-DS71 great laptop. Need sometime to explore the laptop.

Awesome machine ya got there! Any chance to post a nice spec guide and review in a few days? Pics of the comp are always appreciated! ASUS makes some awesome hardware at some awesome prices, and then has this AWESOME forum to go with it! Keep in touch with all the ROGn boys around here!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks!

Sure, but photos I'll post later on, my internet connection here is not that fast to upload all the photos. Haha..

Specs for US region notebook (I got US region because in my hometown they are out of stock)
    Model: Asus G55VW-DS71 (NON-3D Version)
    Processor: Intel Core i7 - 3610QM, 2.30 GHz
    RAM: DDR3 1600 MHz 12GB
    HDD: 750GB (Standard, not SSH) Cache 16MB
    Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD
    Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 660M 2GB 128-bit
    For full specs you can see at http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G55VW/#specifications

Review:
    Obviously this laptop is a beast (after tried many of my friends laptop), previously I'm using Asus G2s. This G55 is damn Quiet, I can't even hear the fan rotating, unlike my G2s even watching movies can still hear lol! and it is quite cool (G55).
    My concern is on the right side of the palm rest (right side after the trackpad) is quite warm I can say but still quite comfortable.
    DVD Drive sometimes pop out after I plug something to my USB no matter what I plug.
    Battery was OK, using battery saving profile can stand up to 3.5hrs (browse, movie n music) I haven't have a chance to try play game using battery saving mode, I'm pretty sure it will drop the performance.
    Average OS booting is less than 30 secs.

Pros:
    • Palm Proof Trackpad
    • Backlit Keyboard
    • Instant On
    • 4x USB 3.0
    • 1 Quick-charge USB port (finally I can charge my phone without need to turn on my laptop)
    • FHD Matte Screen (not glossy)

Cons:
    • No Thunderbolt
    • 128-bit Graphic Card
    • No BluRay for my case
    • The Rubber finish on the body is a troublesome (my bro put his phone and accidentally scratch (not hard) the body and the coating come out

I'll update the list and put photos later on gtg now
    Hope you enjoy and like it XD

Thanks! I'm looking forward to those (awesome) pics! The rubber finish can scratch, but you can buff them out with your hand...if the scratch is a surface one. The palm rest to the right of the trackpad gets warm because there is a 7200 RPM HDD under there. My G53SX with a 7200 RPM HDD does the same thing. Do not worry about it. If the disk runs a good deal, it will get warm.

Battery saving profile will drop the performance dramatically. It is not worth gaming on. However, 3.5 hrs battery from a gaming notebook is pretty awesome! I will definitely second your latter five pros. On the G53, the trackpad is "multi-touch", and palms confuse it. I turn off multi-touch features and use an external mouse. My rational is: why would anyone buy a Ferrari and put Walmart tires on it??? Premium hardware deserves premium accessories.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Now I understand why it gets warm when I download / play games.
    after charge many times it shows around 3 hours and 15 mins, maybe because now it has been charged many times to it become more stable.
    My G55VW also have a multi-touch function, but I think mine works perfectly no palm issue
    You're right. I only use the trackpad when I'm in school haha XD

For picture you can go to my website my website I've uploaded the picture to my server hope you like it. If you need any more picture just let me know, I'll try my best to take the picture and uploaded as fast as I can.

You have now calibrated the battery. Some computers seem to come with calibrated batteries, others do not. Downloading and playing games hits the disk on a regular basis, which increases its activity and heat. 7200 RPM drives, in addition to being more noisy, are also warmer, and it comes through to the palm rest. Nothing to worry about though!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3