Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    Asus comes out with lots of new models and "updates" every year. Since the current G-series all came out last year, there will be new ones sometime this year. They showed some prototypes at CES.
    Any estimation month?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post
    As I have understood the next notebook G-series will come when Intel release their new Ivy Bridge processor
    Really?! Maybe I should wait, I didn't purchase today, got some problem with the payment. Lucky me, maybe I should just wait? Any idea when is it coming? I found the store that sell the cooling pad! Wohoo gonna buy it early Feb so happy! The wireless card, have u tried Intel Ultimate 6300? I asked the series you've mentioned, but they didn't sell it, but they do have ultimate 6300.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Maybe it's the best idea to wait until the new generation of processors comes out, but when they come I do not know unfortunately.

I have not tried out the network card that you mention, but by looking at the information about Intel Ultimate-N 6300 so it looks better really.

And the reason I choosed the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 is because it supports bluetooth function.

Good you found the cooling pad I'm thinking my self to get one, but just have to earn some money to pay for it :P

EDIT: here is two links to the new G55 prototype that was showed at CES 2012

here and here

Too quote this site:
    "After many rumors and suppositions regarding the release date of Intel’s Ivy Bridge processors hit the streets, a recent report citing sources from Taiwanese PC makers has revealed that the chip giant plans to launch these new 22nm CPUs on April 8, 2012"

so the time until Intel release their new CPU I think it would just fly away like it has lately
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 01-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

ROG Enthusiast Array

So what you mean is if I take the Ultimate-6300 I will not have any Bluetooth function in my laptop?

Thanks for the link, highly appreciate that.

So let say the info you got was accurate and there's no delay, 8th April will be the launching date for the processor or the launching date for the g55? Kinda scared with first batch G series, most users got problem with the first batch.
    Last edited by eRicK89; 01-27-2012 at 05:38 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by eRicK89 View Post
    So what you mean is if I take the Ultimate-6300 I will not have any Bluetooth function in my laptop?
    That's correct. If you want bluetoth in an Intel card, the 6230 is the card to get.

So let say the info you got was accurate and there's no delay, 8th April will be the launching date for the processor or the launching date for the g55? Kinda scared with first batch G series, most users got problem with the first batch.
    Look how much fun all the SandyBridge early adopters had......

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

And we're STILL havin' fun....
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    And we're STILL havin' fun....
    Indeed!

I haven't yet tried the recent Intel WLAN driver update, but at least in all the prior versions, Intel's WLAN drivers still don't work as smoothly on SandyBridge machines as they do on the previous-generation Series 5 chipsets.

I wasn't really joking.....I'd be wary of jumping on any new chipset right away. I think they've shortened the life cycle too much and they're released a little "raw."

ROG Enthusiast Array

That's correct. If you want bluetoth in an Intel card, the 6230 is the card to get.
    I get it now, coz I thought wifi and bluetooth are suppose to have diff hardware.

Indeed!

I haven't yet tried the recent Intel WLAN driver update, but at least in all the prior versions, Intel's WLAN drivers still don't work as smoothly on SandyBridge machines as they do on the previous-generation Series 5 chipsets.

I wasn't really joking.....I'd be wary of jumping on any new chipset right away. I think they've shortened the life cycle too much and they're released a little "raw."
    Hopefully they didn't do that on ivy bridge. Its been a long time since I follow all this hardware related tech. Maybe it is a good idea to start following them again.

So what is the final conclusion, you'll wait until ASUS release the next generation G55/75 and buy one of them or are you going for the G53SX ?
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 02-01-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - BIOS 205

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sorry mate for the late reply, kinda busy with exams

I think I'm gonna wait for g55 and see hows the price

Hehe, that's no problem. Just wanted to know what your final conclusion was

I think that you won't regret by waiting for the new model with improved upgrades, and also I like the look of it. A combination between G73 and G74 with fans and keyboard and done it more easy for the user to clean the fans, when it gets a lot of dust (a huge + in my eyes) .

If you're lucky, ASUS may have listened to us, about issues we have experienced with the previous generations and upgraded/fixed these issues

Edit: Not sure if you have seen this video but here's a link to the new generation ROG notebooks
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 02-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - BIOS 205

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast