Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Grab this version of the chipset driver: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...731.1512160048

If running AIDA64, or any other application that is polling devices, close and retest.
    Also, uninstall Geforce drivers and Geforce Experience, run DDU driver removal utility and reinstall the latest Geforce driver.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 03-10-2018 at 02:12 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    I've been able to replicate this issue on my own system with the Apex. I'll let you when I find a solution.
    is it allowed to post links to reddit or other forums?

Anyways i read that somwone found a temporary workaround *by Disabling wake-on-magic-packet (in the network adapter's properties)
    Have not had the time to try this though since my computer is in my studio.*

Yes, that's fine.

For me, following my post worked - but it's not necessarily the same root cause. I'm also running insider build 171115.

Wake on magic packet isn't enabled by default, either.

ROG Member Array

Yes, that's fine.

For me, following my post worked - but it's not necessarily the same root cause. I'm also running insider build 171115.

Wake on magic packet isn't enabled by default, either.
    ok ill try your solution.

*https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...one_of_my_cpu/

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DooRules's Avatar

I have one core running full blast as well it seems. As soon as I closed out Aida64 it dropped right off. Started it back up and one core picked right up again. I use it to monitor some temps for my Aquaero controller. i guess i will try Hwinfo64 and see if the same thing persists.

For me it seems Aida64 was the culprit. Killed it and tried Hwinfo and on several reboots no core going full bore at startup. I will monitor to see if it stays this way.
    Last edited by DooRules; 03-11-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    7980XE on Asus ApexVI
    Zotac 2080Ti
    Intel 900P
    2 x Samsung 950 Pro
    EVGA 1600W
    Alienware 34"
    Samsung 28" 4K

Quote Originally Posted by DooRules View Post
    I have one core running full blast as well it seems. As soon as I closed out Aida64 it dropped right off. Started it back up and one core picked right up again. I use it to monitor some temps for my Aquaero controller. i guess i will try Hwinfo64 and see if the same thing persists.

For me it seems Aida64 was the culprit. Killed it and tried Hwinfo and on several reboots no core going full bore at startup. I will monitor to see if it stays this way.

Update to the latest beta, there is far less latency for me but it's still there.

The problem seems to be with AIDA and the OS putting significant overhead on the system. This is easily replicated by disabling and re-enabling Low-Level Sensor Operation under the stability panel in AIDA.

I've contacted AIDA regarding the issue.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DooRules's Avatar

The problem seems to be with AIDA and the OS putting significant overhead on the system. This is easily replicated by disabling and re-enabling Low-Level Sensor Operation under the stability panel in AIDA.

I've contacted AIDA regarding the issue.

All I did was open task manager and go to cpu performance. Change look to logical processors and you could see one core hammering away. Close Aida and it dropped right off. Open it back up and the same core picked back up again. Little different method but same result.
    Good find Silent scone. Thanks for the heads up.

No such issue with Hwinfo.
    7980XE on Asus ApexVI
    Zotac 2080Ti
    Intel 900P
    2 x Samsung 950 Pro
    EVGA 1600W
    Alienware 34"
    Samsung 28" 4K

ROG Member Array

My issue was resolved by installing the chipset driver suggested by you! Havent tried overclocking my system yet*

EDIT: i just ran OCCT and now it is back, the issue! Im gonna see if i can replicate this again.
    Last edited by cRiTza; 03-12-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: False statement

New ROGer Array

It's an issue that happens randomly for me- no rhyme or reason - just luck of the draw on full shutdown/reboot.

I do not run AIDA at all, so I don't believe it's the problem.

I already have the latest ME drivers/firmware from ASUS.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast