Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dip 5 version 1.05.14

zakker
Level 7
Dual Intelligent Processor 5 version 1.05.14
Hello:

i have windows 10 pro 64bit with Asus x99 Rampage V Extreme,
as you know , Microsoft keep updating and altering windows, so DIP 5 Previous versions some functions stop working,
so i updated DIP 5 as in this post title, but when setting DIGI+ Power control to optimized phase and apply new setting,
nothing happens and optimization didn't took place,
i have asus Bios Version 3801 and tried from inside bios setting optimized phase for cpu and reload winodws 10,
DIP 5 can't load optimized settings in bios.

I downloaded AI_Suite_III_3.00.13_DIP5_1.05.14 and when trying to install all features of AI suite like the original one that
came with MB, all i can get is DIP 5!

Can Asus help with this issue?
4 REPLIES 4

namoi
Level 8
Just install the old ai suite from your mobo support page then install the one you installed, it will updates (it comes without the additional modules so is is why you don't see them if you install only this one).

namoi wrote:
Just install the old ai suite from your mobo support page then install the one you installed, it will updates (it comes without the additional modules so is is why you don't see them if you install only this one).

Older versions of AI suite does not work with newest update from Microsoft for windows 10,
you have to install newest version of AI suite (DIP 5) to make it works:cool:

namoi
Level 8
But you still can install the additional modules through the old installer (checkboxes) then install the dip5 on top of it.
It is what i did but i am on windows 10 ltsb.

ThomAce
Level 7
I have an interesting situation with DIP5. I bought an Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming mobo and have been put a Ryzen5 2400G into it's socket. After some week of usage, I just let the DIP do the magic things by the 5 way optimization stuff. After a couple of weeks of use my PC this way, my APU died (No, I didn't know that from the first time!). No problem. Mobo sent back to retailer, they found no problem with the board, I have tested the memories and then as last resort, I contacted with AMD to get a replacement. AMD sent back a totally fresh, new AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU. I have just put it into the socket, resetting bios, starting... I have set everything back to standard in BIOS, except the memory XMP profile. (3200MHz if you wish to know) The Windows became online properly, everything worked fine. At least it seems. However, I wanted to leave my computer for download some gamging updates and other stuffs, so I have set it to "Power Saving" mode. I noticed that the Digi+ VRM (Optimized Phase) been enabled. No problem I thought! Then after a 10 or 20 minutes later I just sit back to front of my computer and started some activities. (Youtube video, gaming test on websites, so no stressy stuffs) My screen became shady-green and my compter got stuck. Just like when it was died previously. I have restarted it, this time it's not died. After a couple of hours, my system became instable again and Windows had a BSOD. Before you ask, I have to say: No, it's not the memory related instability. Be patient and read further... So, I have tried everything to see where my computer become instable (or unstable) and what I experienced is when this Digi+ VRM enabled and used the Optimized Phase instead of APU commands, the whole system becomes instable and total randomly. I let my computer to run for 3 days on Digi+ VRM disabled, and surprise - surprise! It is still running! The uptime now is 3days, 0 hours, 18 minutes and 21 seconds exactly. In the past hours I have changed the prower plan in DIP to Performance mode. Everything worked fine. Then I switched it to Power Saving mode and I noticed the following: Despite of the fact that previously I have changed the optimized phase to standard phase (use APU commands), the Digi+ VRM enabled again. I let my computer run for some minutes and... You can guess. My computer became wierd again. Some micro-lags even in Windows, youtube video playing just had some small "gaps" in playing. I have changed quickly the phase to standard phase and... surprise-surprise! It's still working and not crashed. WTF?!

Dear Asus! You should fix this stuff IMMEDIETELY!

Have anybody encountered with the same situation?