cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will msi 980ti gaming 6gb fit g20aj?

ViceAndVirtue
Level 7
I have a g20aj with an evga 970 ssc currently installed. Fits great. Found a deal for an msi 980ti gaming 6gb and want to know if it will fit. Also can the cage that holds the gpu be removed? Cant seem to find any specs on the size of cage. The msi is about 5.5 inches where the evga is about 4.3 or so. Afraid if I buy it, might not fit. Currently don't have another rig to put it in so it would just sit around. Can anyone shed some light on if it will fit? Anyone running a similiar setup? I know ref cards fit no prob an so will evga, but never tried an msi. Sacred it might be too tall...
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Might not have enough power either. A 980ti takes a lot more juice than a 970. Might want to search this section to see what others have done with GPUs.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Might not have enough power either. A 980ti takes a lot more juice than a 970. Might want to search this section to see what others have done with GPUs.

I've tried looking but theres so many threads and everyone either has an evga card or ref card. Which I know will fit, just seeing if anyone has any other cards that would. The guy is selling the 980ti for 300 which is a steal right now, and i wanna get it, but am afraid it wont fit and it will just sit around until I can scrape some money to start building another rig. Also I've already bought the dell 330 watt pay and am running the 180 and 330 tandem.

yes the Rog 6gb gaming desktop will be fit you can go with it easily