ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Aweful RMA experience and I feel foolish for purchasing additional products.

Last summer I RMA'd a Maximus VII Formula due to infrequent Q codes. Before RMAing I did extensive troubleshooting swapping out parts, trying out different BIOS versions, etc. When the RMA was complete it only had taken a single day in the repair center and the tech notes were "Customer not running latest BIOS, updated". That was despite me leaving a detailed note taped to the motherboard explaining my troubleshooting steps which included every BIOS version from the latest to several versions prior. With the problem being intermittent I wanted to get the point across to please do thorough checks. Naturally about the 4th day of using the motherboard after receiving it back it refused to boot 2-3 times due to hanging up on random Q codes once again. Maybe that was my fault and I should have flashed back to the latest.

At the advice of a higher tier support rep, I began recording every Q-Code along with the date and time so to build up a large enough sample size to illustrate the issue before re-RMAing the board again. Admittedly I pushed the issue a bit too close to the warranty expiration and despite starting the claim before the warranty expired approval came a few days after so I was informed it was out of warranty and would be charged. I tried to dispute this since the original in warranty RMA should have corrected the issue and after a long bit of communication back and forth I finally was approved for an in warranty repair thanks to CL-Albert pointing me in the right direction.

Now I will admit I had a major shipping SNAFU. When shipping I did not verify the UPS clerk had used the correct address. I was re-using a box that my Corsair order shipped in and even though I handed the UPS clerk the sheet with the Asus repair center address and saw her typing what I assumed was the address, she used Corsair's from the box label which I should have marked through. That did cause a delay but I was able to rectify it thanks to great communication from Corsair and their assistance in me getting them a shipping label to forward to Asus. That mistake is on me but it really only added an additional week or so to the process and I maintained back-n-forth communication regarding this mistake with the rep who authorized the warranty repair.

So tonight I receive an email from Asus stating: "Your RMA has been returned unrepaired. We have attempted to contact you via email and did not receive a response or payment within the allotted time specified in the notice" I scoured back through my emails trying to see if I'd some how missed any previous communication. I even checked other inbox, junk and deleted. Nothing from Asus except my previous correspondence and RMA from the past. Had I noticed any request for payment I would have forwarded that to the Asus rep.

So I guess I'm down for what likely is for good. Part of this is my fault but if I have to ship the board back yet again I'll have invested more money into shipping than I would have just purchasing a used one off Ebay. I'm in the process of a new build and was looking forward to reassembling my Z97 system so I wouldn't feel rushed to complete since I'd have a working system. The sad part is I chose to go with Asus again with the Maximus X Formula. That was despite me having a bad RMA experience years ago on an older Rampage, bad RMA experience on a brand new G75OC edition and bad RMA on a brand new PG34 that arrived with a broken LED cover.

Contact details have to be correct since I got the email stating they are returning the product
    Last edited by xeromist; 03-07-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    MAIN RIG:
    Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 | Corsair Air 540 | Corsair H115i | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 256gb | 2x WD Black 4tb | Corsair HD series Fans x6 | Corsair Commander Pro

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

***Removed 3rd party posts. Merged reply up into OP***

Mike, Bill@ASUS may be by to help but since Albert is already familiar you should send him a PM:

PM with any of the following details available

Product S/N:
    Case ID#:
    RMA#:

Also contact details:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!