cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cooling Pad for GL702VS ?

Kunilemel
Level 7
Hey everyone,
This sunday i'm this getting a brand new GL702VS.
I'm aware of the heat problems and already plan to undervolt GPU and CPU.
I wanted to know if anyone else here who has it can tell me what is the best cooling Pad i can get for it wich will give me the best results tempWise.
If it has usb 3.0 hub it's a bonus but not a must.
I know it has heat dispersion issues due to case design wich is why it's crucial to pick the right cooling pad.
12 REPLIES 12

Peneoark
Level 9
I like the Tree New Bee one. It's very quiet and drops temps on CPU and GPU at least 10 degrees.

Peneoark wrote:
I like the Tree New Bee one. It's very quiet and drops temps on CPU and GPU at least 10 degrees.

did you have these results with the GL702VS?

Kunilemel wrote:
did you have these results with the GL702VS?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Those numbers were on a GL703VD. Multiple parties did test the cooler on multiple laptops and saw similar results. I'm sure it would work out great for your application.

I'm also running a CPU undervolt and my 1050 is capped at max frequency at 900mV. I'm having a hard time getting the 1050 to break 60 degrees with the cooler while gaming.

Peneoark wrote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Those numbers were on a GL703VD. Multiple parties did test the cooler on multiple laptops and saw similar results. I'm sure it would work out great for your application.

I'm also running a CPU undervolt and my 1050 is capped at max frequency at 900mV. I'm having a hard time getting the 1050 to break 60 degrees with the cooler while gaming.

do you have any other recommendations? i can't seem to find a place to buy it with reasonable shipping prices to my country

I have the GL702VMK and use the Coolermaster U3. I can tell you first hand that is has almost zero affect on this laptop.

JArias wrote:
I have the GL702VMK and use the Coolermaster U3. I can tell you first hand that is has almost zero affect on this laptop.

is that becuz the vents on laptop hang over edge where the cooler pad doesnt have holes with fans to cool it u need to drill holes i seen a post about it to make U3 work

chappmaster wrote:
is that becuz the vents on laptop hang over edge where the cooler pad doesnt have holes with fans to cool it u need to drill holes i seen a post about it to make U3 work

I will search around for the post. I did notice that the vents hang over almost completely. i even tried with the center vents and it had very little effect.
In the mean time, you wouldnt happen to have a link would you?

JArias wrote:

That got horrible testing reviews 😞

Peneoark wrote:
That got horrible testing reviews 😞

Horrible testing reviews in general or Horrible testing reviews when paired with the GL702?
Had I seen reviews for the 702 specifically, i would of never bought it. Amazon made it sound promising at the time.