cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 to PCi not working in slot 2_2?

rgoulter
Level 7
I'm trying to install a m.2 to PCI adaptor in the m.2 2_2 PCI slot but it's not being recognised. I'm using a powered crypto mining pci riser in the m.2. PCI slot. Are there any changes I need to make in the bios to get this to work? I brought the MB in July 2017.
8 REPLIES 8

rgoulter
Level 7
Not a single reply- man this forum is rubbish 😞

rgoulter wrote:
Not a single reply- man this forum is rubbish 😞

Hello

Not rubbish. What you have found is after 80+ views not a single person is going to waste their time replying to a post that contains absolutely no pertinent information.

My apologies I thought I wrote the motherboard model. It's a strix b250f. This is the M.2 adaptor im trying to get working
https://www.gearbest.com/pci-cards/pp_779568.html

Have just upgraded to latest ver of the bios (Ver 1003, dated 14 Dec 17)

still not working - I have tried 2 seperate cards so chances of both being dead are low.

Please advise

BigJob
Level 10
Need more details man, what mobo ? The more the details, the more the help..

BigJob
Level 10
It's either the drives or it's the PCI e E adapter. Trouble shoot until you find the culprit

BigJob wrote:
It's either the drives or it's the PCI e E adapter. Trouble shoot until you find the culprit

the drives? do you mean drivers? I didnt think there were drivers for m.2 adaptors? should just work ? possibly some bios settings changes but no one here has suggested any and I've scanned the manual and nothing re m.2 related settings.

Menthol
Level 14
You really need to post all hardware and your intended use
It appears you want to add an additional GPU for mining using an M.2 to pcie adapter, if this is correct it is not a common add on for enthusiasts which frequent a website like ROG You may be better served by searching mining specific websites if there are any
The fact that the adapter is priced at $4.00 US is not encouraging for it's functionality, cheaply made components don't always work much less perform to specifications