cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

troubleshooting all the issue with the zenith, a 1950x and 1080 ti

masterac
Level 8
hie to all here is a list of all the troubleshooting i am having, since we are all on the same board, and the same family of cpu , and same connection for the main ssd i figure some of us must have run into the same issue

my ssd is a 960 pro of 2 tb, using the m.2 port under the plate ( not the dimm)

all driver are up to date

---------------------------------------------

BSOD list : ( i will update it with anyone that had other that i didn't list, and hopefully people can supply the solution if they have been able to find it .

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

happen while i was playing a game, and collection of information stuck at 35 % so hard to hard reboot, first time i ever got this one so i don't know

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

happen while i played a movie from one of my hard drive

MAIN ISSUE WITH THE BOARD

FAIL TO BOOT infinity
computer stay stuck in boot and refuse to go to bios, used to be 5 time then bios telling me my memory setting had to be set back to default.

pluging power off and waiting few minutes to do it again failed, then for no reason it finaly boot, showing me the same screen telling me the memory had to be put on default

- environment : analysis of the the pc case didn't reveal abnormal temperature
- board : oled screen last info was when it was displaying CPU
- PSU : psu is a corsair 1500w giving enough power

SOLUTION FOUND : NONE

enjoy the video of it here if yo want to see

this one you can see the oled screen but it stop at cpu
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZAL0BuyKxgZLF9WVuYDspAyMUkHqgvRz

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E8juZI0n9rYpT8E2AO8ovUoLgrvRYluH

RAM MEMORY SETTING CHANGING ON ITS OWN

seem to happen from time to time, mostly when pc is hard reboot, even tho my ram is at default 2133mhz, and always is at 2133mhz in bios i did see once that is was setup at 3600mhz, and since i know the pc can't boot on those setting and i live alone, it only show that something on the board is faulty

SOLUTION FOUND : NONE

MONITOR FLICKER ( its flicker, caps can be confusing)

read my other post on the gpu to learn more

SOLUTION FOUND :
slowly turning back on each monitor separatly for now using the computer with 2, didn't see the issue back, didn't change any cable, or anything, one monitor left

ASUS ROG AERION ethernet card

the card just doesn't work, even with driver downloaded from asus

SOLUTION FOUND :
NOT WORKING AT ALL, that card doesn't show any sign of life, i tried everything

CAN'T MAKE M.2 PORT WORK AT x8 instead of x4

if i change it to x8, computer refuse to boot, and i can't find where to disable the u.2 port

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOFTWARE ISSUE

WINDOWS FREEZE AT START,
strangely my windows had been freezing at boot and sometime while opening task manager, some cpu core were hitting spike of 100% usage for no reason

soulution found : NONE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you all share the issue you have been getting with the board please
33 REPLIES 33

Legolas
Level 9
Hello,

Could you provide hardware specifications for better help?
Sincerely,
Legolas

BigJob
Level 10
Wow so many problems , where does one even start to help you?

I'll start with the network card since it's the easiest. https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/ROG-AREION-10G/HelpDesk_Download/ < Have you downloaded the drivers off that link? What about installing the drivers from the included Asus USB?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sounds to me like something is fundamentally wrong with the setup.

If I had to start somewhere I would look at your RAM...corruption from RAM can lead to bad OS install...worsening corruption of OS as time goes on...general instability etc.

As said...it would help if you filled in your hardware specs in detail...like memory part number(s) etc.

Have you tested each stick of memory separately on the recommended slot...that kind of basic troubleshooting. Have you tried running HCI memtest or RAM Test to see if memory is stable?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Sounds to me like something is fundamentally wrong with the setup.

If I had to start somewhere I would look at your RAM...corruption from RAM can lead to bad OS install...worsening corruption of OS as time goes on...general instability etc.

As said...it would help if you filled in your hardware specs in detail...like memory part number(s) etc.

Have you tested each stick of memory separately on the recommended slot...that kind of basic troubleshooting. Have you tried running HCI memtest or RAM Test to see if memory is stable?

well talk about instability, windows just went nuts, task manager show up but no writting anywhere, just the form of it, and even funnier, trying to save a file with pain, the part when you save and put a name, well the name become an partial image of the second screen, i even made a video because that some stuff i have never saz in my life before, i tried to install cpu z right now and the installer only show a line going from bottom to top of monitor

i am even missing some line when i click right on sound manager, i get a partial line for the "reccording device " that only show " reccord de"

i never knew bad ram could corrupt os over time, but its aint getting better for sure, before reboot i am going to make sure all my essentiel file that i still got left on C drive are move on some other one, in case pc doesnt make it

can you give me some link of soft to test ram you recommend ?

you ask for part here what i know from the top of my head

cpu : 1950x
ram : kit of 64, its the trident z f4-3600c17q-64gtzr cl17-19-19-39 1.35v
main ssd : samsung 960 pro 2tb
gpu : aorus 1080 ti WB ( the one that require an external radiator and pump)
psu : corsair ax1500i

need anything else ?

i am uploading the video i made that show how bad it is, i will send you the link if you are curious

update,

here is just a copy of the info from the ram that proove its samsung b-die, i did post all of the info on the 4 stick of ram but they are a few post deeper in this thread, so here it is if anyone is lazy

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK, as you probably know that memory is Hynix, high rfequency, high density modules which, unfortunately, is about as bad a RAM choice for this platform as you can get.

I presume you are not trying to run them at rated specs? Are you running them at BIOS defaults 2133 1.2v...

Have you tried running them at 1.35V DRAM volatge, 1.1V SOC (or even a bit higher) and 2133MHz?

HCI Memtest is free I think but you have to learn how to test with it....though I think there is a program that will help you launch multiple instances of it...

And of course troubleshooting get the system down to basics...no unnecessary USB connections...single GPU to single monitor...etc

I would backup and reinstall windows with maybe 2 sticks of RAM in recommended slots running at F5 defaults in BIOS but with DRAM voltage set to 1.35v

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
OK, as you probably know that memory is Hynix, high rfequency, high density modules which, unfortunately, is about as bad a RAM choice for this platform as you can get.

I presume you are not trying to run them at rated specs? Are you running them at BIOS defaults 2133 1.2v...

Have you tried running them at 1.35V DRAM volatge, 1.1V SOC (or even a bit higher) and 2133MHz?

HCI Memtest is free I think but you have to learn how to test with it....though I think there is a program that will help you launch multiple instances of it...

And of course troubleshooting get the system down to basics...no unnecessary USB connections...single GPU to single monitor...etc

I would backup and reinstall windows with maybe 2 sticks of RAM in recommended slots running at F5 defaults in BIOS but with DRAM voltage set to 1.35v

i though my ram was samsung die, its the one taht was send to all demo kit of the threadripper allong with the zenith has the board

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You can find out with Thaiphoon Burner http://www.softnology.biz/files.html if you are curious...run as administrator.

However Samsung makes different memory types too...I doubt they are Samsung B-die from the timings and at least one thread I checked said they were hynix...but it doesn't matter....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You can find out with Thaiphoon Burner http://www.softnology.biz/files.html if you are curious...run as administrator.

However Samsung makes different memory types too...I doubt they are Samsung B-die from the timings and at least one thread I checked said they were hynix...but it doesn't matter....

i got in touch with gskill a while back they sended me those setting

2933MHz CL15-15-15-35 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRCD) 1.35V

i was able to run it by had on bsod along the way so i didn't push further

using memtest i ended up with an error 177 , here is the screen shoot, i only got this error after 1 hours

the guy ended up asking me to push 1.4 v but i forgot about it, also ther eis so many voltage option i didnt know which one to tweak

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

uncompressing it i get an empty folder, wtf ?