Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array masterac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    I don't understand the SSD...where is it..in M2 chipset position or on DIMM2...either way I'm pretty sure x4 is the normal and maximum connection speed for any of these M2 SSDs

OK I'll ask again...what settings for the RAM?

2133 default with voltage to 1.35? or default 1.2?

Either way...yes, it would be best to reinstall windows at stable defaults with minimum connections....then set up displays and then slowly other devices.

However, before you do that....since the install may be a bit corrupted, I would try and test the settings G.Skill sent you on the OS first....no point making a clean install and then setting RAM to some settings that might be unstable...

I would be careful with USB devices and those sort of symptoms...if you are feeding current to board with something defective you can do damage...

yes defaut 1.35, the setting they got me were only a bit stable i needed to tweak it more to be sure,

the rep thought i could up the voltage from 1.35 to 1.4V

this was the last seting i used

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23135079_10156927529534762_752610721_o.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	72241

and this was the only error i got usisng memtest86

Name:	cc.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	72243

for the ssd then i want to know why do we have setting like this one the board if we can't turn it on, i can't find anything about u.2 on any menu

Name:	20180201_162355.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	72242

last message from rep was to try setting 16-16-16-36

so you want me to try 2933 again but with a higher voltage ? 1.4 has the rep suggested ?

for info, to upload image from my pc, if i do a right click on the windows that give me the choice of file to upload, the sub menu doesnt load, i have to put my mouse over it to charge it, so something is not ok for poor windows here.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by masterac View Post
    so you want me to try 2933 again but with a higher voltage ? 1.4 has the rep suggested ?
    Personally I wouldn't bother ...but then I wouldn't want to run at 1,4v 24/7 on memory....you have to decide that for yourself.

I'm just suggesting that you may as well test any settings you want to try on the old OS before you clean install...

Personally I wouldn't bother ...but then I wouldn't want to run at 1,4v 24/7 on memory....you have to decide that for yourself.

I'm just suggesting that you may as well test any settings you want to try on the old OS before you clean install...
    oc the ram on an os that is buggy has hell can't be a good solution no ? how am i suppose to know if oc the ram make windows more bugy when its already the case without oc

should i clean install with defaut ram at 2133, then try to oc ?

anyway i found out a new symptom, the mousse lag i am having in game is only the mousse, the keyboard work fine, the mouse work with a usb dongle, what is strange is that it only happen in game

Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?

should i clean install with defaut ram at 2133, then try to oc ?
    Yes, clean install at F5 defaults and DRAM voltage at 1.35. Then try to OC RAM but without plugging in extra monitors or USB etc etc. You will have to add one thing at a time to see if your powered USB devices and dong;es/adapters etc are causing problems....

Yes, clean install at F5 defaults and DRAM voltage at 1.35. Then try to OC RAM but without plugging in extra monitors or USB etc etc. You will have to add one thing at a time to see if your powered USB devices and dong;es/adapters etc are causing problems....

just clean install, its weird to use a windows that actually work

Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?

Really?...so it is behaving better Now?

Really?...so it is behaving better Now?

if by that you mean i got my right click back then yes, but that just common sense since i reinstalled it.

i'm still testing to see if i get flicker on side of screen while game load, but so far nothing

but another bug just declare itself, and its most troubling because i don't know the cause.

now i have some crack from time to time from the audio, it did happen before the wipe but i thought it was usb driver related, see i use a yamaha mixer and from there i use a sony mdr z, so i thought something must be wrong with the usb driver ( even thow its a yamaha driver and not windows )

but i just played a game only using the sound of the integrated speaker of my monitor ( connected with display port cable) and got those same crack too, its not permenent its just troubling, since i tried to output sound with 2 different device, using 2 completly type of connection, it could mean the board is having issue processing sound before sending it to the correct way.

it happened yesterday has well while i was watching some youtube video, but i am curious to see if it happen over certain frequency, if thats the case i should get it again while i watch those same video, and they weren't some scream ( they are last week tonight re-run) so its weird.

if it does happen again then thats a remanent issue, and i would point the motherboard, do you agree ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

if it does happen again then thats a remanent issue, and i would point the motherboard, do you agree ?
    Could just be the software as well , see https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...FIX-WORKAROUND

i just played a game and its even worst for the sound i get a period a time from time to time where every thing seem to be distorded, but the weird part is, i just reccord it with obs, and in the video the sound is fine, the portion where is suppose to be garbage is not, so the computer get a correct audio signal, it just cant output it well, i will update the audio driver and see if it correct this.

and has cfor the crappy audio, it happen every 4:30 second, i will trie to reccord it with my phone so you can hear it, this board is full of surprise, and not in a good way

i just played a game and its even worst for the sound i get a period a time from time to time where every thing seem to be distorded, but the weird part is, i just reccord it with obs, and in the video the sound is fine, the portion where is suppose to be garbage is not, so the computer get a correct audio signal, it just cant output it well, i will update the audio driver and see if it correct this.

and has for the crappy audio, it happen every 4:30 second, i will trie to reccord it with my phone so you can hear it, this board is full of surprise, and not in a good way

update : just rebooted the computer after windows did some update

nothing change, and its not just the game, the problem is deeper like i thought, audio from vlc get it has well, just check for music and movie, now next step is to see if it still does it when i disturbe the audio, like stop and play, and if i move the cursor on the timeline.

then i will update the audio driver

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast