Headset Superlux HD681 EVO with Zalman ZM-MC.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Mantis Control
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T7700
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterMikrotik rb951g-2hnd
    Accessory #1 xbox 360 controllers
    Accessory #2 NZXT Sentry LXE
    Accessory #3 Aukey CB-G1 Manticore

What keyboard, from other ASUS laptops, is the most close to the one in the GL702ZC? I need to buy a replacement for the A keybutton but the laptop is too new so there aren't spare parts for it.

nvm, found the replacement for the GL702 series
    Last edited by DLz47; 03-14-2018 at 11:37 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DLz47 View Post
    Undervolt? And are you getting any performance issue? Did the clocks (CPU, GPU) stay the same?
    I undervolted my GL702ZC on both the CPU and GPU.

I undervolted the CPU using Ryzen MAster for Threadripper.
    In "Creator Mode" tab, set the voltage to 1.05V and move the slider under 'Speed (MhZ) column until it reads 3300.

Hit apply.

Download and install MSI Afterburner (in settings, under Compatibility properties section, you may need to check 'Unlock Voltage Control' and 'Unlock Voltage Monitoring' and press OK.
    On main screen in MSI, reduce the core Voltage to -93mV, save this preset and apply.

Your voltages may vary and are dependent on silicon quality in the CPU and GPU.. the higher the quality, the better the undervolt.
    Anyway, you can use Cinebench R15 and Primark 95 for CPU frequency and voltage stability testing (Prime 95 is more reliable for this though) for the CPU.
    The GPU can be tested using Furmark or something else like 3d Mark, unigine heaven, etc.

These undervolts reduced temperatures on 1700 CPU by 10 degrees C, and same again on the RX 580 GPU.

The fans are also much quieter during gaming.

I would also suggest enabling Power efficiency in Radeon Settings. It allows the GPU to stay on lowest frequencies when watching youtube, general browsing, etc. without losing performance.
    Also, Radeon Chill is quite useful to enable.
    Since the laptop panel is limited to 60Hz, it would be pointless for the GPU to render more than that... so it would be advisable to limit FPS to 60 for games, etc. It will also drop power consumption.

As for a laptop bag... I suggest the MANHATTAN Big Apple 17" bag.
    Fits the GL702ZC with room to spare and has extra space available which is more than enough for the power brick, etc.
    Even after all that, you still have room in the aft section to keep multiple folders.
    Last edited by deksman2; 03-20-2018 at 02:26 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

As far as backpacks go, I bought this one for my GL702VMK and it works excellent, lots of space, decent padding, a thermal pouch for hot or cold items and is quite comfortable. I also have a neoprene liner that I put the laptop in prior to sliding it into the bag for extra protection. I've had it for a year now and it's still in excellent condition after using it everyday travelling. It also has two side pockets, one on either side which both of my Opolar LC06's (vacuum coolers) fit perfectly into.

https://www.amazon.ca/Targus-Voyager...ZM5F8N4MYFZ6HT

StarJack

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    As far as backpacks go, I bought this one for my GL702VMK and it works excellent, lots of space, decent padding, a thermal pouch for hot or cold items and is quite comfortable. I also have a neoprene liner that I put the laptop in prior to sliding it into the bag for extra protection. I've had it for a year now and it's still in excellent condition after using it everyday travelling. It also has two side pockets, one on either side which both of my Opolar LC06's (vacuum coolers) fit perfectly into.

StarJack
    Thanks for that info. I have been looking for a good 17" backpack.

ROG Member Array DLz47 PC Specs
    DLz47 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC-BA244T
    MotherboardGigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0
    ProcessorIntel i7 920 D0 @4GHz
    Memory (part number)12GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7-2GBRM @1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! EXTREME
    MonitorAsus VG278H
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14 with 3 Fans
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech G500s
    Headset Superlux HD681 EVO with Zalman ZM-MC.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Mantis Control
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T7700
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterMikrotik rb951g-2hnd
    Accessory #1 xbox 360 controllers
    Accessory #2 NZXT Sentry LXE
    Accessory #3 Aukey CB-G1 Manticore

Quote Originally Posted by deksman2 View Post
    I undervolted my GL702ZC on both the CPU and GPU.

I undervolted the CPU using Ryzen MAster for Threadripper.
    In "Creator Mode" tab, set the voltage to 1.05V and move the slider under 'Speed (MhZ) column until it reads 3300.

Hit apply.

Download and install MSI Afterburner (in settings, under Compatibility properties section, you may need to check 'Unlock Voltage Control' and 'Unlock Voltage Monitoring' and press OK.
    On main screen in MSI, reduce the core Voltage to -93mV, save this preset and apply.

Your voltages may vary and are dependent on silicon quality in the CPU and GPU.. the higher the quality, the better the undervolt.
    Anyway, you can use Cinebench R15 and Primark 95 for CPU frequency and voltage stability testing (Prime 95 is more reliable for this though) for the CPU.
    The GPU can be tested using Furmark or something else like 3d Mark, unigine heaven, etc.

These undervolts reduced temperatures on 1700 CPU by 10 degrees C, and same again on the RX 580 GPU.

The fans are also much quieter during gaming.

I would also suggest enabling Power efficiency in Radeon Settings. It allows the GPU to stay on lowest frequencies when watching youtube, general browsing, etc. without losing performance.
    Also, Radeon Chill is quite useful to enable.
    Since the laptop panel is limited to 60Hz, it would be pointless for the GPU to render more than that... so it would be advisable to limit FPS to 60 for games, etc. It will also drop power consumption.

As for a laptop bag... I suggest the MANHATTAN Big Apple 17" bag.
    Fits the GL702ZC with room to spare and has extra space available which is more than enough for the power brick, etc.
    Even after all that, you still have room in the aft section to keep multiple folders.
    Thanks for the tips. My monitor is a 120Hz , so I won't limit fps. I'm using Chill and I'm using the power saving mode. I will try the undervolts.

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post

StarJack
    Thanks for the suggestion

Update: today arrived my kalidi backpack 17,3" and the GL702ZC fits perfectly in it (in the main pocket, the padded one).
    Last edited by DLz47; 03-23-2018 at 04:20 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array AgentHunk's Avatar

Hello everyone!

I have recently bought ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC-BA244T but I need some accessories and some suggestions to live with it more happly :P .

This is what i need:

1) A backpack or a bag big and tough enough to accommodate and protect my laptop. I'm in love with pelican's product but none of the backpacks can accommodate the laptop and the bags have a too "rugged" look. Is there anything close to them? If not, what would you suggest? I want to spend 180 € max (222 USA $). No roller bags.

2) A power bank because, as you might know, this thing eats electrons 24/7. It would be great to have a power bank that can also offers quick charge 3 and USB-C for my smartphone. I was looking at the Litionite Tanker Mini, but I'm a little bit worried about the Wh. What do you think? I want to spend 100 € max (125 USA $).

For the suggestions:

1) Do you think I can/should overclock the DDR4? I know ryzen takes some advantages from memory with 3000+MHz. I have a single 16GB module at 2400MHz, what do you think?

2) Do I need to replace the standar thermal paste with somethig better? Doing so will void my warranty?

Thanks
    careful,others will too post the same questions.but,Hi,I also am new and bought this over a week ago and been using it so far...
    no issues,however did benchmarks with novabench,system requirements lab,and userbench and I did not like seeing userbench tell me 49% of my gpu was being used.

first ,I have answers to my sought questions and the thermal paste and first time use.....
    second,Ram and where to look and what type of ram to buy?
    third,If you all kindly could come by my first post and give me some tips on how to install drivers manually after downloading them would be great.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array AgentHunk's Avatar

What keyboard, from other ASUS laptops, is the most close to the one in the GL702ZC? I need to buy a replacement for the A keybutton but the laptop is too new so there aren't spare parts for it.

nvm, found the replacement for the GL702 series
    I went and got the swissgear ibex backpack 17" from bestbuy at the same time to get a bag for it.it came with a bundle and save option got it for 71 out of 100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2