cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Support

Minimos
Level 7
Hi

I'm having some trouble getting any acknowledgement of support for an enquiry I raised, admitently the board in question is not a ROG branded MB, but I have purchased a Z270 Gaming F whilst i wait.

Anyway, I have a Z170 Pro purchased less than 2 years ago, about 2 weeks ago whilst operating it cut out during use, as in it shutdown ungracefully like there has been a power cut.

It would then not boot, the power would flick on for a second , fans spin and then it would shutdown, attempt another start and get stuck in this cycle.

First thought was the psu, I checked it with a tester all fine, and even swapped it out for another known working unit same result.

*The 2nd attempt was to strip out all peripherals and ram leaving just one stick, tried booting with ram in different slots, same result.

Third remedy was to clear the cmos and have 1 stick of ram, still no success.

Finally I bread boarded the MB with 1 stick and cpu, the issue still remained.

Now, I also noticed that there are no beeps from an attached speaker or that the diagnostic leds do not light on the board.

This leads me to believe it is a broken MB rather than CPU (although that could be a possibility, and I will know once my thermal paste turns up and I can install it in the Z270).

Either way I would like to RMA the Z170 board, but here's the thing nothing at Asus support seems to be in working order.

1. *Tried using the EU RMA website, constant error about not *recognising the serial number.
2. *Registered the MB against my asus account, this is succesful but it never appears *in my list of owned products.
3. *I raised a technical inquiry through the asus Website on the 1st March, I have since recieved no reply *to the ticket either by email or to the Asus site inbox. *The status just shows as In Progress despite them saying an initial response would be within 48 hours.
4. *Called UK support, you get the 101 options in the IVR, one you eventually get to the MB support leg it plays an automated message saying *you have to raise it as a technical enquiry which I had already done a week prior and got no reply.

Is there any mods on here who can get my ticket noticed by support?

Thanks in advance*
2 REPLIES 2

Minimos
Level 7
Hi

Update for you all.

It is the board that is faulty as the paste turned up today so I swapped my stuff across booted first time and vary stable.

I now need to RMA the z170.

Please can an admin put me in touch with a contact in support?

Thanks*

Bill
Level 7
Hello
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you