cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclock 950 !!!

glw165
Level 7
Would like to get some other peoples settings, im @ 4.2 stable, but never really played with the qpi link, and unclck, always left those auto, any advice would be appreciated
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coolermaster Cm Storm Stryker,
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Asus Z77 Maximus V Etreme,
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2133),
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!
58 REPLIES 58

glw165
Level 7
Lol, glad to see all the replies, I cam from a evga board, and their forums are top notch I must say, comments may go 5 minutes even at 3 am with a reply, buttttt, I am a r3 lover so I was hoping we had a few oc'ers here, so far with 950 im @ 4.3 21x205 mid 30's idle low 70's linx loaded, can get a 4.4 stable but lower bclck which runs ram like 1547 or something, so ive noticed higher bclck better performance rather than core speed, dunno how to load pics on this sight it wants url instead of file location like evga's site, any help would be appreciated on loading templates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

I too came from EVGA, truth be told I think the bios on the EVGA boards was better, easier to work with and less confusing. Right now I am running similar processor, cooler and motherboard as you but I am experiencing high temps no matter how I look at it. Running 174x23 with a 1.35V at 4GHz I idle around 40c and load high 70's to low 80's. This has me confused as I am coming from an EVGA X58 3xSLI ( 1st gen board ) Core i7 920 and a H50, with that makeup I had to run 201x21 1.4V idled low 30's load at low 70's. Higher voltage but got lower temps????

Answer to your question, the recommended steps for 4GHz is to just up the voltage once the system BSOD's after that its just epeen. Adjusting QPI settings allows you to lower your CPU Vcore but it will increase the NB temp most likely so you need to keep an eye on that if you decide to mess with it. I'd suggest looking through the EVGA froums regaruding OCing questions as I find their guides to be more helpful. I've been browsing this forum for awhile now and find it to be very poor compared to the EVGA forums.

My R3E is pretty good board but like I said, the bios is pretty poor, alot of options and I am sure for the enthusiates like ourselves it will come in handy. I just find it to be disorganized, I like the layout better on EVGA boards.

I may try your method as I am underclocking my ram right now due to the 174x23, will try dropping it down to 21x201 and see what I can get. My main reason for upgrading was because everything was on sale and I'd already had the board, processor and ram for over a year. But I was hoping that I could hit an OC of 4GHz with being able to run a lower voltage at lower temps. The exact opposite occured.... Lower voltage at higher temps.
Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.8GHz, Asus Rampave V Extreme U3.1, Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz 32GB DDR4 ( 4x8GB ), Nvidia GeForce Titan-X SLI, Creative Labs E3 USB Soundcard, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVME, Corsair AXi 1500i PSU, Corsair 900D, Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard, Logitech Proteus Core Mouse, Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz, Sennheiser Gamer Zero, Windows 10 Professional

xeromist
Hey GLW,

Brian wrote an extensive guide on uploading pics and so on because we just changed forum software. Check it out here:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?910-HOW-TO-USE-THE-SPECIAL-FUNCTIONS-WHEN-POSTING!

As to your question, I did see your post but I don't have your board or your CPU so I don't think I can be much help. We are still a growing community so I understand that you may get instant response on some more well established boards but we'll do the best we can. At this point either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, you may find yourself the expert and helping others with certain combinations of boards & CPU's. We do have some good ASUS OC'rs who chew through a lot of hardware that frequent these boards but they have day jobs so they usually pop on about once per day or so.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

It's cool, i just like to talk tech with others, i had the evga ftw, i did like the board, however i do like asus bios lil better seems simpler to me, and i think they just clock better, as for the h50 the 1 guy mentioned i have it as well and its in my droor, lol h70 descent, but im currently on a swiftech loop, alot better yet, if all u have is the h50 make sure you dual fan it as intake
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

xeromist
Yeah, I've used my H50 on an Intel extreme board and an ASUS ROG board with all other components being the same. I had a much easier time overclocking on the ASUS board but my 860 just runs hot with an H50 in either situation. I'm hoping to get changed over to a real loop sometime in the near future and push higher. I have most of the parts so I'm just waiting for a couple of things from xoxide.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

i have a h70 in the drawer as well, to be honest its a hell of a cooler for being a simple bolt on, does almost as well as my swiftech loop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

trying upload image says invalid file?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

quick look282
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I7 3770k Delidded @ 4.8,
Evga gtx Titan,
Ssd,
Corsair Ax 1200 Psu!!!

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Wow you seems to have a pretty good chip here. Voltage is low for a 4.3Ghz. And temp are decent. Maybe with some tweaking you can push it to 4.5Ghz 😛 Good work on your OC and carry on!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!