cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Croshair 6 Extreme discussion thread

lau_cip
Level 7
Hi.

I have just bought it last week and I am having some difficulties with it.

First of all the cold boot double start bug is present even without overclocking the memory from bios 3008 and up.
With older bios the cold boot happens at the smallest overclock setting, even raising the memory to 2400 Mhz.

Another annoying issue but solvable is the backplate, it is impossible to connect the analog jacks without removing it, the jack detect works randomly otherwise.

Are the bios optimizations that were made for then Hero going to be available for the Extreme?
Elmor, do you have some info regarding this?

I have tried lots of settings reading this forum, the overclockers one and everything i could find on the net but the cold boot and multiple restarts are not solvable for me...

What is your experience with this board?

My setup:
Ryzen 5 1600
Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8gb RAM 3000mhz CL15 CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
Crosshair 6 Extreme.
6 REPLIES 6

lau_cip
Level 7
No opinions? 😛
I am very close to returning the board because of the problems listed 😞

Chrome_N
Level 9
lau_cip wrote:
Hi.

I have just bought it last week and I am having some difficulties with it.

First of all the cold boot double start bug is present even without overclocking the memory from bios 3008 and up.
With older bios the cold boot happens at the smallest overclock setting, even raising the memory to 2400 Mhz.

Another annoying issue but solvable is the backplate, it is impossible to connect the analog jacks without removing it, the jack detect works randomly otherwise.

Are the bios optimizations that were made for then Hero going to be available for the Extreme?
Elmor, do you have some info regarding this?

I have tried lots of settings reading this forum, the overclockers one and everything i could find on the net but the cold boot and multiple restarts are not solvable for me...

What is your experience with this board?

My setup:
Ryzen 5 1600
Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8gb RAM 3000mhz CL15 CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
Crosshair 6 Extreme.

no cold boot issues here since the last two BIOSes (currently on 3502) even when overclocking. Also the audio connectors are working well. Maybe yours is a faulty board?

Chrome_N
Level 9
no cold boot issues here since the last two BIOSes (currently on 3502) even when overclocking. Also the audio connectors are working well. Maybe yours is a faulty board? (my config is in my profile)

May be a faulty board but i have no way of claiming repairs for the reason of cold boots.
In my case just enabling overclocking(Manual mode) without actually overclocking and it cold boots.
Also even at stock (after the bios reset and memory training) the board resets itself at least twice and some times when starting loading windows...:(
The audio connectors work well but only if i remove the backplate shield and push the jacks firmly in the sockets.

Riekopo
Level 9
I have this board and haven't had the audio jack problem. I haven't tried overclocking yet so I can't comment on your other problem. One problem I've had though is getting the front audio jacks to work. I have the board in a Corsair Air 540 case and I connected the internal audio wires. However, I can't get the front audio jacks to work. Another problem with this board is the lack of software updates in a speedy manner. This board only just a couple weeks ago got its first chipset update. Prior to that it was using a chipset driver that was over 6 months old I think. AMD just released a new chipset and I have to wonder how long it will take Asus to verify and release it on the support website. They only released the other update after I hounded them on Facebook and Twitter about it for weeks.

Try setting the front panel to not autodetect jacks(ac97 style) from the HD Audio Manager and then see if it works with your case...